Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we played well. I know there are people on here will will actively look for negatives, but I genuinely think we played well.

We moved the ball, dragged their players out of position and tried to hit them with pace. We absolutely more creativity and quality, in the final third, but we were well worth the three points. No panic on the ball, players looking to try and play the tight passes rather than playin the safe one and breaking the midfield line.

Used Delph really well to pull up their midfield. I think it was Sidibe's effort that came from Pickford > Delph > Back to Pickford > ball goes in over their press > chance created for Sidibe.

Well done Blues, I've had hte best week I've had for years.

I thought we played well. I know there are people on here will will actively look for negatives, but I genuinely think we played well.

We moved the ball, dragged their players out of position and tried to hit them with pace. We absolutely more creativity and quality, in the final third, but we were well worth the three points. No panic on the ball, players looking to try and play the tight passes rather than playin the safe one and breaking the midfield line.

Used Delph really well to pull up their midfield. I think it was Sidibe's effort that came from Pickford > Delph > Back to Pickford > ball goes in over their press > chance created for Sidibe.

Well done Blues, I've had hte best week I've had for years.
I thought Delph had his best game in a blue shirt today. Bernard was finding space between defence and midfield. Siggardson had his best game in a while considering I absolutely slated him last week. Coleman was comfortable as a 3rd centre half and he picked his moments going forward and had plenty in the tank as a result of it. Team played well just need to be more clinical with our decision making and shooting in the final 3rd. Overall pleased.

What would you expect from Warnock ???

Unless Warnock has had gender reassignment surgery I must have had different people. Done Sergio guy who mispronounced everyone's name and a woman footballer expert. Without wanting to sounds all Clarkson, I just don't feel women's football is quite the same experience as men's but cool for her.

I thought Delph had his best game in a blue shirt today. Bernard was finding space between defence and midfield. Siggardson had his best game in a while considering I absolutely slated him last week. Coleman was comfortable as a 3rd centre half and he picked his moments going forward and had plenty in the tank as a result of it. Team played well just need to be more clinical with our decision making and shooting in the final 3rd. Overall pleased.

Siggurdsson went from barely touching the ball on Saturday to regularly being involved, looking for the passes forward and fighting.

Also thought Bernie was excellent. Running at players, drifting into pockets, quick feet, being more direct. Was unlucky his shot was blocked. Looked a bit leggy when he went off which is understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.