Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God not the "makes us tick" label

Well he does help that midfield. I'm not saying nobody else can do that job.

You say that he 'passes backwards' but so does every player. It's about keeping possession and looking for the right opportunity.

He's a player who has looked back to near his best so far this season working as part of a midfield unit which has looked very good. Shame him and Allan are out.

"Makes us tick lads!"

It's a meaningless piece of jargon.

Apologies to @larrygobfiend for the drive by.

it really isn’t, Gomes may not be an Allan type when it comes to your tackling stats, but he retains possession and keeps the ball moving more often than not! By half time today Davies will have given the ball away more than Gomes has so far this season!

My confidence has completely dropped since seeing that Davies is starting. I don't believe that he has done something in training to make Carlo pick him, I think it is more likely that Carlo has decided that Delph doesn't have the match fitness to start a game after the midweek. And if this is true, then Delph is useless, because this is the reason we brought him: to fill in and be dependable when we are short.

Please Tom, prove me wrong. You've 90 minutes to save your Everton career.

Well he does help that midfield. I'm not saying nobody else can do that job.

You say that he 'passes backwards' but so does every player. It's about keeping possession and looking for the right opportunity.

He's a player who has looked back to near his best so far this season working as part of a midfield unit which has looked very good. Shame him and Allan are out.
My opinion is Gomes is a very average player who looks good in a good team like we are but isn't really doing anything that we need. Sigurdsson can keep the ball just the same. He's eminently replaceable if we find someone who adds more. If not, fine let him stay in.

Given how poor he is off the ball, he's got to be doing more on it for me. Occasionally contribute an assist, or even just a forceful finding ball forward. God forbid a goal or two.

He doesn't have enough touches of the ball per game to warrant the "makes us tick" - not having the engine shouts just because he's fashionable either.

If his name was Andy Gorman and he come through our academy he'd be getting the Tom Davies treatment.

Tom Davies falls over after every two touches. He conceded possession twice in three minutes last week.

Gomes doesn't do that.

He needs to improve going forward but he's been pretty good this season and will be a miss today. Hopefully fully fit for the derby and he puts in a good display then.

Just hope for a full bloodied guts and thunder effort from Tom today. He doesn't really "do" anything so in desperate times he can work harder to just get in their faces today a bit.

I think he very much is the epitome of what I hope is yesterday's Everton - nice and non-threatening with a overload of mediocrity. The writing is in the wall for him and he must know that, players like that can't just turn it on when there isn't any water in the pipe to begin with.

Davies doesn’t belong in the championship. What does he be doing in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.