Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
it really isn’t, Gomes may not be an Allan type when it comes to your tackling stats, but he retains possession and keeps the ball moving more often than not! By half time today Davies will have given the ball away more than Gomes has so far this season!
People would lose their minds if Morgan Schneiderlin had the same passing games that Gomes does. Retaining possession isn't everything.

One side of us actually being decent, and having the vague possibility of accomplishing something this season... I’m way more nervous going into this game than I would normally be

I'm already wetting my pants at the thought of Davies recieving the ball outside our penalty area and thinking he can glide upfield dribbling past players ala prime Zidane . With the result being him losing possesion in dangerous areas

Richie been fit is the main thing for me. That Lamptey has been great going forward this season but Richie’s work rate getting back an ability going forward will cause him major problems today.

Key battle there on the left.. see what Lamptey is made of.

Think we will need our front 3 to drag us though this one.

Why? Not like they haven’t had enough chances over the last 3 years.

See below.

In the last 3 years they haven't been competing against the quality we have now.

If the last six games have proved anything it's that our players seem to be stepping it up across the board.

If it's Tom and Siggi from last season (post covid) then I can understand why people are worried. However, Siggi has looked a little better this season and fingers crossed that Tom picks up his game too.

I still think we'll have too much for Brighton; we have so many players on form DCL, Richie, James, Doucoure, Digne, Seamus, Kean etc. Yes they'll get chances and probably score BUT they won't score as many as us.

COYB 3-1 (DCL, Richie and Kean)

Status
Not open for further replies.