Match Thread Everton v Borehamwood - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should win this handily but at the same time if you're a plucky team of amateur underdogs , the bottlers known as Everton are probably the team to play.

If you get a 10 yr old black bushmills ( otherwise known as a Shirley Bassey in Ireland ) it’s like mothers milk if you add just one teaspoon of water to the glass
I was a barman in my college days. Haven't heard a Shirley Bassey in over thirty years :) There was also Redbreast but I won't mention the euphemism for that....well it began with frosty

Reading a lot of comments about resting players tonight to be ready for the Spurs match. No problem with resting players just back from injury. But not to many. Let's go strong against this Boreham Wood outfit. And just get into the next round. Some championship teams still in the cup. So always the chance of a decent favourable home draw. Then who knows.
And as for resting players. Never seems to work for our bunch. Think I'm right in saying that when we had say two weeks break for internationals , that we then lost our next match. When matches were called off due to covid , we had a decent break. Then lost our next match. Breaks don't seem to get our bunch playing any better. In fact we always seem to look very sluggish after a break. Lampard hopefully can address all that.
I'd rather that we got up a head of steam tonight. And a few first teamers....ie.....Richarlson and Gordon scored a few goals. Gray also. Then they are chomping at the bit to take on Spurs. Confidence......confidence.
Anyhow.......let's just win this match. And no injuries. Up The Toffees.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.