Match Thread Everton v Borehamwood - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't have a problem getting home, but It'll be touch and go whether I'll get back to my local before last orders.
:rant:
I'll keep you posted. lol
Like this disgrace of a season. It will be another disgrace if this match goes the distance. I'm hoping that we are out of sight by half-time ( but you just know that we wont). Up The Toffees. Our Boreham Wood thumping Toffees. Need to keep being bullish about this match. Nothing else for it. Or what's the point.

Like this disgrace of a season. It will be another disgrace if this match goes the distance. I'm hoping that we are out of sight by half-time ( but you just know that we wont). Up The Toffees. Our Boreham Wood thumping Toffees. Need to keep being bullish about this match. Nothing else for it. Or what's the point.
I'm also hoping we're out of sight by half time, but I have never left a game before the final whistle.

Definitely hope to see Onyango, Patterson and Mykolenko given a run out. The first two to see what they are made off and Mykolenko still needs to settle in England so needs games. Gordon is a winger for me, needs the space out wide. I would play Townsend in the middle.
Onyango is not ready to play in the premier league and Boreham Wood will be far too tough for him physically with no disrespect to the young lad, I fear this team because they will be going all out and will not hold back with their tackles.

Of course we should be able to win the game I’m just afraid of injuries to our players which we can’t afford with trying to stay in the league the upmost priority.

I'm also hoping we're out of sight by half time, but I have never left a game before the final whistle.
I'm more thinking that this match goes to extra time. But we will no doubt be home and dry in the 90 minutes. Unthinkable that we are taken to extra time. Unless Boreham Wood play 10-0-0. And we can't break them down.
Anyhow.......I did once leave an Everton match well before the 90 minute mark. Many moons ago. The Glen Keeley derby. We were thumped 5-0.
Think I can be forgiven that one. Up The Toffees.....

will be good to see patterson in action
Good player imo. Hope that he gets a game. But if he plays well , it will no doubt be mentioned that he only played against Boreham Wood. And it's back to Coleman getting run ragged by Son in the Spurs match. Patterson could also be run ragged. But i 'd still like to see him given a chance. Still think that when Patterson is up to speed , that he will be a good player for us.

Hope to see the eagerly anticipated Rondon and Tosun strike pairing.
Both regularly play and score for their countries. Didn't Rondon recently score an international hatrick.
But yep......I can see what you mean. But if we have say Gordon and Gray feeding them. Surely they can show something against a non league outfit. Or maybe not. Who knows.
I know nothing about this Everton team anymore. But our second string are not great. Our first string are not that great either. But let's not give this Boreham outfit too much respect. We will beat them. Even with Rondon and Tosun....
Ps........let's have Richy and DCL on the bench.......just in case. Also young Dobbin. Shame that Simms is at Hearts. But I suppose that is the best move for his development. Up The Toffees.....

Last edited:
Pickford and Doucoure won’t start mate.
Can use loads of subs if we need to.

Agree on Pickford - I put him in automatically. And I’d like to rest Doucs but we are thin on the ground in centre mid. Frank hasn’t even had Onyango on the bench yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.