Match Thread Everton v Borehamwood - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1646057146437.png

Gotta get through this tie, preferably with a bit to spare.

Keep some legs back for spurs and give the fringes of the squad some game time, which might be dangerous as we know what the wasters are capable of, but I think Fronk will have them right at it and we can use the injustice from city to kick us on in league and cup.

If we get through, no doubt the draw will shaft us as per usual!

Up the toffees!
Agree with us getting a poor draw in the next round. You just know that it will be away to Man City. I just have that feeling. And they beat us with a dodgy late penalty. Not trying to be negative. But isn't that what happens to us.
To actually win this cup , everything would need to be aligned perfectly for us. Nothing this season so far has been aligned. We have been mainly useless. And we don't really do shock results. ( beating a top team. Especially away).
Negative from me........I suppose so. But this team and even Lampards approach ( 3 league defeats in 4 matches) has shown me little to get excited about. But let's see. Beat this Boreham Wood outfit comfortably. And get something at Spurs. Could change my mood.
Up The Toffees........

4 of the 8 FA Cup games including ours off course have VAR this week

View attachment 157567
So that's our first 3 goals chalked off then. And Boreham get a penalty when Gordon takes his shirt off when celebrating our opener .
They then get a second penalty when Pickford is penalised for changing his gloves. Or Gomes combs his beard.... Isn't that our luck folks.
Ok.......enough nonsense. Let's just beat this team. No stupid cricket score predictions from me. I 'd take a 3-0 right now. We have to keep a clean sheet. Score a few goals. Just win this match. Then its all systems go to get a result at Spurs. Up The Toffees.....

Agree with us getting a poor draw in the next round. You just know that it will be away to Man City. I just have that feeling. And they beat us with a dodgy late penalty. Not trying to be negative. But isn't that what happens to us.
To actually win this cup , everything would need to be aligned perfectly for us. Nothing this season so far has been aligned. We have been mainly useless. And we don't really do shock results. ( beating a top team. Especially away).
Negative from me........I suppose so. But this team and even Lampards approach ( 3 league defeats in 4 matches) has shown me little to get excited about. But let's see. Beat this Boreham Wood outfit comfortably. And get something at Spurs. Could change my mood.
Up The Toffees........
Not really true in the cup. Usually our own worst enemy. If Everton don't mess it up VAR will but surely to God we'll win this

Not really true in the cup. Usually our own worst enemy. If Everton don't mess it up VAR will but surely to God we'll win this
We have to win this match. Just inconceivable that we balderdash this match up.... But then we move on to the quarter of hopefully semi finals. I just don't have the confidence that we can beat a Man City or Liverpool.
Of course a game is not lost until the fat lady sings. But considering that we have shown very little this season. It's a stretch to think that we can win this cup. Would love to be proved wrong. But like the City match at the week end. Close and unlucky. But we still lost. I've a feeling that that will also describe our FA cup run.........close but unlucky. A lot of things to win this cup are going to have to fall into place for us . Nothing has really fallen into place so far this season. Up The Toffees.

Dobbin Gray (f9) Townsend
Gomes Oyango Iwobi
Myko Holgate Braithwaite Coleman

Could backfire sending all the young uns on
Would like to see Dobbin given a go, talented player coming through who development could go missing amongst all the other wingers
Think Seamus should start just to get the team set mentally
Iwobi may benefit from seeing the game from midfield and he'll have Andros and Seamus to find the guard
If Myko wants to play he should be given the chance

more youth, and a rest for the Alan, Rciharlison and co
Frank will have trouble fitting Patterson in to these games
In this team Kenny deserves to come on after Coleman as much as giving Patterson the nod.
We haven't see Holgate and Braithwaite together and it would seem the match to do it, both may be the long term backups to whoever gets those spots in coming seasons. And to give Holgate the chance to take the lead back role. He may kick on from here, he's been part of dysfunctional defence, but as that midfield improves, he might come into his own with the experienced already gained.

Richarlison and Alan looking on from the bench. Whoever it is, looking forward to this match and and a chance to see some youth coming through

I look forward to the soft penalty awarded in the 84th minute when we are already 3-0 up.
You know what @Rollo Tomassi, I think that is the prediction of the week.
The useless FA think if they do this it will wipe the slate clean. Well sod them. Let us now adopt a full-on siege-mentality approach and storm our way forward with steam coming out our nostrils.
No offence to our guests on Thursday, but start the porocess then, and keep it going for the rest of the season. Onwards and upwards.

Keep The Faith1

Status
Not open for further replies.