Match Thread Everton v Borehamwood - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

With our very precarious league position , it's hard to get too worked up about this match. I want to see us safe . Then give this cup a proper go. Not much point getting worked up about beating Boreham Wood ( and we will beat them). And then getting beat by Spurs. But we have this cup tie to play. So it's business as usual. Let's do a professional job on them . Then get prepared for the Spurs match.
My team to play Boreham wood.
Pickford.
Patterson ( the guy has played world cup qualifiers for Scotland. Surely he should be ready for this level of opposition). Keane......experience (if he can't cope with non league opposition.......I give up.......And so should he).
Branthwaite. (Lampard needs to see this guy. Is he good enough to play regular PL football ? Imo I think he is ) . Mykolenko ( similar to Patterson. Let's see what he can do).
Gordon ( run Boreham Wood ragged. Then sub him when we are a few goals ahead ). Allen ( boss the midfield. Then sub him when we are in full control of the match). Gomes ( don't really want him near the first team. But just one last job for him. Even he should be able to be up to bossing Boreham Wood ). Townsend ( professional footballer.....professional approach....And he can test their keeper from distance).
Gray( get some match fitness ). He's going to be needed for more pressing upcoming matches. And finally.....Rondon. ( he's seemingly has improved.....a little. Should cause a non league defence problems).
With a few senior players on the bench. ( DC L if fit......Richarlson....Holgate...Coleman...Tosun. Just in case things go pear shaped..
And also a few youngsters to get a run out if things go ok. Onyango.....Dobbin.....Whittaker.
Well folks thats the theory. But can Everton put everything in place for just a stress free run of the mill, routine win? They should be able to manage that. But being Everton .........who knows?
Ramble almost over. Just can't shake the feeling that i 'd enjoy this cup run better if we were better placed in the league. Disgrace that we lost league matches to Watford......Norwich and Brentford. Those lost 9 points would have made a difference. Ah well.......let's just beat this Boreham Wood outfit. Let's see what happens.
Up The Toffees. Our hopefully cup winning and staying up Toffees.
Ps.......sorry for the ramble folks.

Last edited:
Bit of a headache this one. Firstly, we mustn’t forget they put out a team only 5 places below us in the league structure in the last round. It’s not a stroll. But with VDB, Dele and AEG cup tied, Doucs and Gray coming back from injury and DCL presumably out our options are pretty limited.

Would ideally rest some more players who have been regulars but not sure we can afford to while guaranteeing the win so probably better to start the likes of Allan, Gordon and Richy with a view to resting them if the game is won. If we don’t see Patterson it’s time to worry a bit about what he’s showing, or not showing, in training, while up top it’s probably a game where Rondon could actually be quite effective.

Gotta get through this tie, preferably with a bit to spare.

Keep some legs back for spurs and give the fringes of the squad some game time, which might be dangerous as we know what the wasters are capable of, but I think Fronk will have them right at it and we can use the injustice from city to kick us on in league and cup.

If we get through, no doubt the draw will shaft us as per usual!

Up the toffees!

Bit of a headache this one. Firstly, we mustn’t forget they put out a team only 5 places below us in the league structure in the last round. It’s not a stroll. But with VDB, Dele and AEG cup tied, Doucs and Gray coming back from injury and DCL presumably out our options are pretty limited.

Would ideally rest some more players who have been regulars but not sure we can afford to while guaranteeing the win so probably better to start the likes of Allan, Gordon and Richy with a view to resting them if the game is won. If we don’t see Patterson it’s time to worry a bit about what he’s showing, or not showing, in training, while up top it’s probably a game where Rondon could actually be quite effective.
Not sure it matters who plays to be honest. If we can't beat these then may as well give up. Need to save as many legs as possible for the Spurs game

Struggling to get excited about this game right now but it's still a big opportunity to get to the last 8 of a major competition. I would make some changes given our struggles, although I don't like having to do so.

Pickford
Patterson Keane Branthwaite Mykolenko
Gomes Onyango
Gordon
Gray Rondon Townsend

Gray needs game time, one of Keane and Holgate need to play, both new full backs should start, no need to rest goalkeeper, Gordon doesn't need a rest, Doucoure isn't worth the risk after injury, Townsend deserves a run out, Richarlison can't be risked while DCL is out.
Definitely hope to see Onyango, Patterson and Mykolenko given a run out. The first two to see what they are made off and Mykolenko still needs to settle in England so needs games. Gordon is a winger for me, needs the space out wide. I would play Townsend in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.