Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa (Thursday 16 July 18:00) - MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny and Coleman on the right, Baines and Digne on the left, a NEW keeper (this is just as urgent as the two central midfielders), two central midfielders, Gordon more games, with Richarlison and DCL together with more confidence (Kean as backup) and we can be challenging the top 6 next season.

Two midfielders; Grealish and Allan.

Gomes looks a lot better with siggy next to him. Gordon and Walcott did well
Don't wanna see Tom Davies again this season
Agree. Improvement from Gomes. Siggy calm on ball and using it wisely.

I dont want to see any more of Bernard or Iwobi. I like Bernard but he's too lightweight for this league.

Iwobi just looks lost - Walcott coming on and to his credit showing what a bit of decisive play and effort can do for you.

Branthwaite MOTM for me, thought he looked solid, won a couple of important headers and challenges, and was keen to get on the ball. Well in.

why have Gordon and Branthwaite come into the team and looked our best two players? These are kids and they look absolutely miles ahead of established internationals all around them. Gomes was part of the Portugal midfield winning the euros, Bernard was a Champions league winger and Brazil international, Siggurdson supposedly one of the top creative midfielders in the prem and an international star. Yet they’ve all declined so far that two kids from the academy can completely outshine them. WTF is going on at Finch Farm.

All the effort was in the last 5 minutes.
Was a pretty awful performance and as close to as bad as it gets against a side like villa at home.

Disagree, thought there was effort, thought we started much better in the first 20, trying to move the ball quicker, before they reverted to type.

Not saying it was a good performance, it wasn’t, but thought the problem today was lack of quality, rather than players not arsed.

This is like the Soton game.

Feel like we steal a point.

Save face for not losing.
man, some of the comments here, So'ton walked all over us. This was a crap draw with a dire villa side but it was hardly like they totally outplayed us.
We played two kids, and definitely gave some squad members their last chance. It's all about Carlo preparing for next season now.

Agree. Improvement from Gomes. Siggy calm on ball and using it wisely.

I dont want to see any more of Bernard or Iwobi. I like Bernard but he's too lightweight for this league.

Iwobi just looks lost - Walcott coming on and to his credit showing what a bit of decisive play and effort can do for you.
Has done all his career terrible footballer

We can't ever play Gomes in a 2 again, I'd keep him as we're desperately lacking quality but he couldn't do that job even if he was partnered with a peak Yaya Toure.

There's a few players who could do decent squad roles but shouldn't be anywhere near a 1st XI.

why have Gordon and Branthwaite come into the team and looked our best two players? These are kids and they look absolutely miles ahead of established internationals all around them. Gomes was part of the Portugal midfield winning the euros, Bernard was a Champions league winger and Brazil international, Siggurdson supposedly one of the top creative midfielders in the prem and an international star. Yet they’ve all declined so far that two kids from the academy can completely outshine them. WTF is going on at Finch Farm.
Complacency. Gordon and Branthwaite are hungry and still want to prove themselves. Tbf I dont doubt Gomes effort but think the injury did him in and Bernard as others have said just isn't a good fit for the league. Siggy is on the downturn of his career now

Status
Not open for further replies.