Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some good battling performances today and at times we had them on the ropes. A cracking game that was nip and took. DCL should have scored, Danjuma should have hit his second shot first time and Doucoure got in some good positions. They certainly know how to put the boot in and fall over when challenged. Luiz must have committed 8 or 9 fouls and how McGinn wasn't sent off for the studs up on Doucoure after the ball went, was scandalous. But it was a well deserved point.

A point gained. I’m happy with that and very happy for the bit of snide we showed today. These lads are fighting hard for us.

Tbf, we were under the cosh in the first half. Should have gone in 1-0 up but it could just as easily have been 1-2. Some of our play was good to watch but without a proper striker who knows how to put the ball in the net we will continue to struggle…..

I voted Mykolenko as Man of the Match (getting to be a bit regular this)
On another note -
Does anybody know what happened early in the game that led to Seamus giving Unai Emery a piece of his mind? It was after a contested throw-in and whatever Emery said certainly angered Seamus who continued having a go at him whenever he was close to the technical area throughout the first half.

I voted Mykolenko as Man of the Match (getting to be a bit regular this)
On another note -
Does anybody know what happened early in the game that led to Seamus giving Unai Emery a piece of his mind? It was after a contested throw-in and whatever Emery said certainly angered Seamus who continued having a go at him whenever he was close to the technical area throughout the first half.
Not sure what happened, but on Tv the exchange ended with Seamus offering his hand and Emery accepting it .

There were some good battling performances today and at times we had them on the ropes. A cracking game that was nip and took. DCL should have scored, Danjuma should have hit his second shot first time and Doucoure got in some good positions. They certainly know how to put the boot in and fall over when challenged. Luiz must have committed 8 or 9 fouls and how McGinn wasn't sent off for the studs up on Doucoure after the ball went, was scandalous. But it was a well deserved point.

A cracking game? I thought that was one of the worse stood start scrappy games of football I watched in a long time and devoid of any quality from both sides. Truly awful game of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.