Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a Villa perspective....

tough game as I thought it would be and although you had the biggest chance of the game we had enough good possession to have done better in the final third. We just missed a Buendia popping up in the box to snatch it for us. Disappointed with a point but not the performance because teams no longer come to go toe to toe with us and we have to learn how to play against those set up to counteract us. Its new for us and hopefully we'll get better at breaking down defensive units that sit and say 'come on then'.

From a Villa perspective....

tough game as I thought it would be and although you had the biggest chance of the game we had enough good possession to have done better in the final third. We just missed a Buendia popping up in the box to snatch it for us. Disappointed with a point but not the performance because teams no longer come to go toe to toe with us and we have to learn how to play against those set up to counteract us. Its new for us and hopefully we'll get better at breaking down defensive units that sit and say 'come on then'.
Fair enough 👍

Whats that big, baldy, hard looking fellas name, thats always around our management/players? Something to do with security maybe..

First time in a long time I came away from a game thinking the ref was actually not too bad.
I thought the ref wasn't great but at least made poor/soft decisions against both teams.

VAR on the other hand... can we just get an AI to do the job? Don't understand why after they had drawn the lines to show the villa lad was offside, why they had to keep going over the actual shot. I mean it was a good shot, but admire it in your own time.

If we get an AI ref (gonna call it AIR) it'll be quicker, more consistent and more accurate.

Football isnt for you.

No lol

I enjoyed it when we were full on pressing and snarky. We cant go toe to toe with a team near the top and expect fancy football.

I doubt anyone looks forward to playing against him. Not sure which LB has been better, surely a chance of PFA selection in the team of the season?
I wouldn't think so. He didn't even get a mention when Sky did the team of year so far.... Udogie seems to be flavor of the month

Just watched the dissallowed goal Villa had. It was clever by Villa forward trying to hold Danjuma in the six yard box and not let him run out, just about made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.