Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point from a scrappy game: Couple of excellent saves from Pickford. Watching DCL and Beto play, it’s clear we have yet to replace Lukaku. How many years is that now?

No striker who is 1 on 1 with a keeper should square the ball. So Dom has some confidence at least. Its just a pity he didn't get a few inches more of height on the ball.

Douglas Luiz not getting booked for a blatant shirt pull in the first half was baffling and the amount of times the Villa players got in our faces showed we had them riled. Still, I would have taken a point before K.O so I'll happily take it after too. Onwards an upwards.

UTFT

I'm absolutely beating a very dead horse at this point - but if you add an actual baller to this team who can operate in tight spaces in the middle of the park it transforms this team. A big part of our problem is that we too often resort to just going too direct and its pure percentage stuff.

Thought bringing on Gomes for the last 15 mins may have been a decent shout, at least he can put a ball through.

Had already decided on Myko before his block. Nothing came through him the whole came. He's become a very effective defender, and get's up the pitch when he can. Deserved first team regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.