Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A very useful,hard won point, I went with Mykolenko as MOTM, he really is a tough cookie, I like him more and more as time goes on. He reminds me that I know far less about footie than I thought I'd did. I thought he would never make it here after his first 6 months. He really is a warrior.

Fair play to Dyche, they are a much better team than us, towards the end of the first half they were beginning to cut us to pieces, after the break, we came out and made it a war, we also made sure the game was as scrappy as possible. That is the way to take points from far superior teams.

People say bring Beto on because DCL can't score. It's been 12 matches Matty. Yes he can't hold up the ball quit as well, but we had just as many chances with Beto on the pitch as we did with DCL. The main difference is that Beto probably scores if he gets the chance DCL did.

you just don’t know

well see if beto gets game time

you just don’t know

well see if beto gets game time
He probably won't get game time. But that is the problem in my opinion. We continue with DCL who doesn't offer a goal threat. We continue to draw or lose games because we don't score enough goals, and we stay right around the relegation zone for the rest of the season.
I don't think Dyche is always the best judge of ability. He persisted with Keane too long despite awful performances, same with young, and I think he'll do the same with DCL. A CFs number one job is to score and if DCL can't do that we need to try someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.