Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost underneath the awful actual football, but we defended magnificently against a very good team going forward. Started leaking stupid goals again recently. Plenty pride shown to get a clean sheet today. Made them look pretty average in our third. That’s the foundation to build on.

100%. Not a point to be jubilant about, but definitely one that can give us a good footing after a very shaky period.

We so desperately need to work on our patterns of play. Dyche has got them fit, organised and determined, but without the ability to play any kind of football, we will be sucked into the relegation battle.

We can only score from set-pieces, pressing high or winning a second ball. In other words, something that relies as much on chance as anything. It is simply no way to succeed. He's got the basics on place now, so has to work on this or it will be to our detriment.
This. 100%.

Maybe my standards have become (too) low over the last 2,5 seasons. But I think we are not in a situation to expect to be dominant over a team that got 20 points in their last 9 PL games and is top 4 and very good at attacking. They had chances, but not a lot. The team fought hard and got a deserved point. Decent means not great, it was far from great. 60% passing accuracy is not what I am aiming to see.

I mean I don’t expect dominance but we were barely passing the ball to our own teammates and our first touch was usually out for a throw-in.

we only have two tho mate
People say bring Beto on because DCL can't score. It's been 12 matches Matty. Yes he can't hold up the ball quit as well, but we had just as many chances with Beto on the pitch as we did with DCL. The main difference is that Beto probably scores if he gets the chance DCL did.

Faced a very good villa side today. A draw is not a bad result at all. I am expecting villa to be top 5 at a minimum come the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.