Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game reflected where I expect us to end the season in the 13th to 15th range. We aren't as good as Villa, who would be expected to finish above us, and almost mustered an equal match. it wasnt great but neither are we.

Nothing I saw today would change my own opinion that Duncan should see out the rest of the season. Sure I disagreed with some roster choices, but I feel assured we wont go down if he called the shots and afforded proper time for the board to set up a DoF and then managers for the summer.

No quality and Kenny offered nothing except starting counters for them

I didn’t mind Townsend starting. But in retrospect should’ve been Gordon. Incredible stroke of luck their goal.

Despite our lack of quality we will score goals with this level of effort going forward
Gordon should start over Townsend for me. He offers a more direct threat. Main issue was our front two looking way off it. If we can sort that we could be grand.

We need a playmaker....
Not just a playmaker. That's the outdated approach.

In successful teams, every player in a way contributes as a playmaker. None of our defenders contributes in a mini drive forward just to catch the opposition by surprise or they can do a one two pass with a midfielder before spraying a decent pass to switch the play. Our full backs are awful or non existent. Our midfield has no vision to pass it quickly one touch and move.

Not just a playmaker. That's the outdated approach.

In successful teams, every player in a way contributes as a playmaker. None of our defenders contributes in a mini drive forward just to catch the opposition by surprise or they can do a one two pass with a midfielder before spraying a decent pass to switch the play. Our full backs are awful or non existent. Our midfield has no vision to pass it quickly one touch and move.
we were clogged out of it too easy in midfield today we need speed like Gordon - two more like him ......

I didn’t mind Townsend starting. But in retrospect should’ve been Gordon. Incredible stroke of luck their goal.

Despite our lack of quality we will score goals with this level of effort going forward
Well said

Worrying thing is we can't play the "we've got injuries" card anymore. DCL looking like a shadow of himself but they've been starved up top. Just hope our season brightens up. I don't want to travel Hull and Birmingham next season

Is there any end to the absolute misery of following this mob. I am sick of what is now sympathy that I am getting from fans of other teams especially RS.

It's like I am the mad uncle who needs kindness and a hug.

Good Lord.....help.

Yet his last two games two assist just pick on local players remember Osman in midfield - we have no even replaced him as a playmaker....

Status
Not open for further replies.