Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a frustrating game.

The effort was there but we were hampered by the formation (I would've liked to have seen us find a way to play 4-3-3) and the previous manager getting rid of our few creative player's.

I didn't think Villa were particularly good.

We desperately need someone in who knows what they are doing.

I thought Gordon was our best player.

Another game where we should have got a point but a combination of slack defending, an inability to get a shot on target and an atrocious referee mean we get nothing.

Villa didn’t trouble Pickford at all in the second half. The goal sucked but fair play.

DCL can’t do much without service. He’s not 100% either.

Can’t fault the effort or commitment. Could have had something, Desperately need more in midfield re: buildup play and transition. Gomes was good for the first 30 minutes but he’s not a two way 90 minute player anymore.

Dunc had them motivated but the selection was poor. If the XI that finished, had started. we get something.

Some fans are so disillusioned, what did they honestly think we would batter Villa 3 or 4 nil and everything would be rosey. I saw things today In the game I hadn’t seen for a very long time, work rate better, defending better, tackling better, passion desire better. It was never going to be a quick fix and yes Dunc probably made mistakes, but who honestly do you think could have come in and got us off to a winning start with how things have been going lately. We will be ok, I can understand the anger, but also Villa are a good team with confidenc. Just calm down a little I’m sure we will be fine.

I thought we might actually play with a decent fullback , might have had anger plan that pumping it long and thought that we would realise that Kenny, holgate , Townsend should not be starting in games that we want to win

Hoping for a win like any match. Realistically it'll likely be more of the same. Anyone will need time and transfer windows to fix the squad. Not something that can be fixed by coaching alone.
I stand by what I say. You can change the name of the manager as much as you want. Same players same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.