Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were on the front foot but Villa weathered whatever we had to throw at them well.

Most worrying for me is two weeks in a row we've been chasing an equaliser and faded in the last 10 minutes to the point where we created nothing. Shows a lack of belief.

Im not sure you can say they "weathered" it as we had half a dozen efforts off target which were harder to miss.

Should have scored a couple at least.

He did not make a save of quality today

When will you watch an Everton game?

Onyango/Allan/Doucoure has to be our middle 3 going forward now.

100%

I agree with nearly all your points . The 2 in midfield problem has been ongoing for months and I just don't believe that Dunc hasn't seen that .
Kenny though has been okay. A much better performance than Coleman's last tragic game .
Being better than Coleman is a pretty low bar, love Coleman but he's finished and has been since his broken leg..

Did you see his interview ? He admits he is not up to the job .
If you mean his post match interview, then he has no option but to be diplomatic. I did not interpret that as saying he did not feel he was up to the job.

In case you have misinterpreted my post, I am not saying now that he should be given the job permanently but feel a new manager now, at this point of the season with this squad, would be counter productive. I think we will both agree that we need to stay up at all costs.

Doucoure has been off the boil recently. Surprised at that as imo he was flying at the start of the season. So maybe it's a spell in the bench for him. Gomes shouldn't be playing next week. Don't know what match would be right for him..... And what about DCL. Can he find his scoring touch soon. I suppose we have to stick with him. Ironic if Rondon steps up. But who else.....Dobbin ?
disappointed today.....we all are. But there's another game coming up soon. Learn from today........And beat Newcastle. Just beat Newcastle.
Arrrggghhh. Up The Toffees.

Ferguson post game comments: “It was a tough fought game and credit to Stevie and his team they went toe to toe with us. I think we deserved at least a point which would have made up happy but instead we got to pick ourselves up and go again. The fans were good but I know they and we as a team can do better.”
Did he actually say Stevie?

There's just no movement compared to other sides... players frequently just watching play around them without anticipating putting a proper challenge in. 3/4 players round an opponent yet no tackle or legitimate effort as though they just try and suffocate the player off the ball. No speed of thought... we must have some of the most naive easily conned players around. Allan and Gordon must start from the off.
I hate how easy it is to get us riled up when we take a corner. Constant pausing of play as we scrap with the opponent. Just get on with it.

hot-melting.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.