Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We possibly could have had Martinez in already, I’m fine with Dunc getting a few games.
That's true I would rather have Dunc than the phenomenal one but better still would be a more experienced manager .
I would of preferred Wayne but again with the position we are in , it's a big gamble .

Exactly.

He left to the Real Madrid! As if he was going to turn that one down?
Ancelotti wanted to build a great team, but a manager of his level knows when the board is not going to support his project. I can’t blame him for leaving and now he already has one trophy, his team is probably going to win La Liga, and is on competition for the Champions and La Copa del Rey. In other words, why can’t that be us? Oh yeah, we don’t have a good squad and wasted six months on a failed project.

Benitez was not the only problem.
Neither are the players the only problem remaining.
Oh I agree. The problems to fix are too numerous to list. Better that we don’t have the same old excuses from Benitez after this latest defeat but another defeat all the same

Well, what positives can you take?

Plenty of commitment and desire, we looked better defensively, but going forward we didn’t click, 15 attempts and only 1 on target is not good enough. They were hanging on from the start of the 2nd half, plying all out defend and time wasting .
I’m still not convinced we can play 442. I think we would be better going 433 or 451

I’d argue that the greater crime is that he was allowed to ruin us.

It was bad enough that he was ever hired, but it intolerable folly to allow everything that happened from Brands being sacked onwards.

It just put the cherry on the top by sacking him post his scorching of the club.
Giving him full footballing authority of the club…madness.

Despite the result, I saw enough in improved effort/committment to take the view that Duncan should remain in charge for the remainder of the season.
I cannot see a new manager from outside being able to do more with these players and would very likely choose to change once again the way we play causing further problems.

Objective now should be avoid relegation and make quick decisions re Manager and players as the season ends.

Not good but seems to me best option
Did you see his interview ? He admits he is not up to the job .

Status
Not open for further replies.