Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are terrible mate.
Totally agree, the midfield is just so lethargic and no matter no matter how important the games are they just don’t up there game. If we dont have Allan, Doucoure and James playing we are dire in midfield. The rest are pretty poor, Davies does show a bit of fight so he’s ok as back up, Iwobi,Sigs and Gomes need to go ASAP.

If we can get a couple of quality midfielders with real pace we'll get a lot more out of James and maybe get to where we thought we were heading
during our great start.

We need someone to replace Seamus, too and maybe we'll get away with the CBs that we've got. Maybe.

We all witnessed how bad we were yet again.

Next game up and lads will have you believe we are world beaters pre-match.

Shows what a crazy fracked up season this is when we are still in contention for a European spot.
This squad will be severely embarrassed in Europe, much like last time we qualified with an inadequate squad.

I’ve just watched Chelsea annihilate Real.
Fast passing, fast direct attacking, no passing backwards.

Everything we are not.

We need an energetic midfield.

I’ve just watched Chelsea annihilate Real.
Fast passing, fast direct attacking, no passing backwards.

Everything we are not.

We need an energetic midfield.
Can’t see us spending close to £300m like they did in the summer for the privilege if I’m being brutally honest

Interesting piece in the Echo online. Aston villa had studied Holgate's play and noted he often passes back to Pickford instead of playing forward. They were just waiting for the opportunity and boy they got it.

Interesting piece in the Echo online. Aston villa had studied Holgate's play and noted he often passes back to Pickford instead of playing forward. They were just waiting for the opportunity and boy they got it.

He had a few warnings before it too.

I think how we setup invites that pressure.

Instructed to play out from the back with defenders not comfortable enough, and midfielders who don't readily come to collect the ball.

how many teams this season have left Goodison feeling like King Kong. Then of course reality bites when they get stuffed next week against AN Other.

Status
Not open for further replies.