Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our next home game is relegated Sheffield United, just watch us play with freedom and win well if we have nothing to play for by then.I personally won't take any solace from beating an already relegated side.

What was all that playing to the camera about in the tunnel, looked like they were going for a picnic on Stanley Park.
I think it was one of those Virtual Mascot things...for mascots who are too ill or disabled to physically run out etc with the team so they can see it almost as they might have. Looks like Holgate was more successful at this than his rotten display on the pitch

I think that for now, we should be happy to be knocking on the door of the European places after what's been a really weird season for most teams.
We've laid a few ghosts to rest too, such as winning at Spurs, Arsenal and the cesspit, and we've had some encouraging performances, individually (DCL, James) and as a team.
We've had two decent cup runs too.
I for one trust Carlo 100%, despite some awful performances, and think we are just a transfer window or two away from becoming a really decent side.

and if we had any other manager the fans would have been revolted by now.

Which fans are those...do you mean the hysterical ones with very little perspective and who demand enjoyment and success at the click of a finger?

We came 12th last season after he took us over in about 18th.

This season we are 8th, with a gap to 9th, and only 1 point behind Spurs, 2 behind Liverpool and 3 behind 5th placed West Ham. Our world class successful manager has made some mistakes and errors in judgement this season but we have still progressed. 3 points ahead of our final points total from last season with 5 still to play.

This summer is an important one as he needs to strengthen again. We did that last time round but have been extremely unlucky with injuries to key players.

I think it's extremely likely there were some hysterical Man City fans who wanted Guardiola out after we battered them 4-0 in 2017 and they came 4th. The short term mindset of a section of fans who demand instant changes are not really worth taking much notice of. Every manager who makes a club progress and get success needs time and patience from the fans.

If it was a year further on I'd be more inclined to start thinking that way, but now is far too early.

Which fans are those...do you mean the hysterical ones with very little perspective and who demand enjoyment and success at the click of a finger?

This season we are 8th, with a gap to 9th, and only 1 point behind Spurs, 2 behind Liverpool and 3 behind 5th placed West Ham. Our world class successful manager has made some mistakes and errors in judgement this season but we have still progressed. 3 points ahead of our final points total from last season with 5 still to play.

This summer is an important one as he needs to strengthen again. We did that last time round but have been extremely unlucky with injuries to key players.

I think it's extremely likely there were some hysterical Man City fans who wanted Guardiola out after we battered them 4-0 in 2017 and they came 4th. The short term mindset of a section of fans who demand instant changes are not really worth taking much notice of. Every manager who makes a club progress and get success needs time and patience from the fans.

If it was a year further on I'd be more inclined to start thinking that way, but now is far too early.
Perfectly put Mr. 78.

The point requirements to get even the Europa Conference League are gonna be unusually high this season, Wolves qualified for Europa in 2019 with 57 points and finished 7th again the next season with 59 points, I reckon it's gonna be 60 points plus for 7th now.

What sickens me is it doesn't look like they are giving their all at times. Losing doesn't hurt them. That's why we badly miss the crowd to make sure they know it hurts us!! We have a team who accept mediocrity. And it's been this way for year's and years. We don't have anyone who is willing to grab the game and win it and drive us on. James could possibly but he is never fit for long enough. We don't have leaders.

Its not just the poor results its the crap football played every week.

Well to get European football we needed to play all these last games as if they were cup finals. Thank god we never made it to either final

Gutted. Missed the match, saw the result! watched the highlights - only 3 clips were of us attacking the rest was pickford saving this from being a mullering!
awful!

Without James we seriously lack creativity. We desperately need to be able to turn defence into attack, either with some pace on the wings or someone pulling the strings in the number 10 role.

I think that’s why there may be legs in the Coutinho stories.
We're too slow in transition with attacking movements often looking laboured or disjointed. The ability is there but there seems to be no connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.