Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our midfield struggles in a 3. Can't see us having a pairing that could compete.

Doucoure feels like someone Dyche will throw in. Him, Gana and Onana proper dogs of war. Arsenal usually struggle at Goodison under barrage of crosses (Richarlison could've easily had a hat trick in the game last season) so that's the only real prospect of scoring.

I'd be amazed if team concedes less than two, would require Mourinho regeneration from 2004 so while I like Dyche it''s a big ask.

4-4-1-1 I reckon.

Pickford
Coleman Godfrey Tarkowski Mykoleno
Gray Onana Gana McNeil
Iwobi
DCL

Iwobi filling into midfield when we don’t have the ball.

Coady isn’t mobile enough, even though we will play a low block. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Godfrey at RB either.

I feel sorry for Dyche. He'll get the blame when the Board and Thelwell have not just tied his hands, they've bound his legs, blocked his ears and gagged him as well, and stuck a dagger in his spine for good measure.

Doucoure feels like someone Dyche will throw in. Him, Gana and Onana proper dogs of war. Arsenal usually struggle at Goodison under barrage of crosses (Richarlison could've easily had a hat trick in the game last season) so that's the only real prospect of scoring.

I'd be amazed if team concedes less than two, would require Mourinho regeneration from 2004 so while I like Dyche it''s a big ask.
I think that’s what he will do - doucoure will be asked to push up and be physical.

Pickford
(A back four mostly of centre backs)
Grey gana onana doucoure Iwobi
Calvert lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.