Match Thread Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the sad thing. He is not worse than any of the 3 you mentioned but he is still not good enough there. It is our main problem having below average strikers.

None of the strikers should be judged based on how they play in our system; none of them can play well in it because its a system that almost always leaves them without support because the defence will always be able to double up on them. Even Rom looked lost at times in it and he is one of the best strikers in the world.

Yeah, I think one of the biggest issues with Richarlison at CF is how much it frustrates him, and the mental side is important to his game.

Lookman has been so good, but its clear from this we still need a main striker and to push Richarlison out wide. Plus, Siggy again in most games not playing well enough.

Twiddling my thumbs waiting for the point when blues finally realise that Silva was never the right man for the job.
I won't critise him, but he was never someone I thought was capable at this level.

How is Silva to blame?

Did he buy Siggy who has broken down our attacks? NO Does he continue to play him with no effect, Yes

Did he start Lookman who we all wanted to start for a while? YES We all wanted it, been saying all season and 6 months later he obliges

Did he help get Digne, Bernard, Gomes to join the club who have been three of the best on the pitch? YES No, Brands

Did he train us to give the ball away this much or could that be the players' fault? It`s hard to see any coaching affect on this squad, we are worse than the start of the season, by some distance.

Ultimately the manager IS to blame, like every other club and every other business!

Status
Not open for further replies.