Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ornstein this morning

Stay alert to a potential move away from Everton for Moise Kean. The 20-year-old striker has struggled to make an impact since joining from Juventus last summer and has only played 13 minutes in the Premier League so far this season. Everton were keen to recruit a centre-back in this window and after missing out on Gabriel Magalhaes, who ended up joining Arsenal from Lille, they held discussions over a loan deal for Chelsea’s Fikayo Tomori. With Frank Lampard seemingly determined to keep Tomori, Everton do have other options and the need is perhaps more pressing following injuries to Mason Holgate and Jarrad Branthwaite. Barcelona’s Jean-Clair Todibo and Ben Godfrey of Norwich are believed to be among the possibilities.

New one this

Kean isn’t going anywhere

Kean isn’t going anywhere

I wouldn't be so sure - lads obviously not trusted considering he barely gets minutes and Tosun is a none starter.

We realistically cant rely on DCL staying fit all season especially if we make it to the latter rounds of the cups.

I fancy a CF coming in more so than a wide player at this stage as I cant see us offloading the wide players required.

I wouldn't be so sure - lads obviously not trusted considering he barely gets minutes and Tosun is a none starter.

We realistically cant rely on DCL staying fit all season especially if we make it to the latter rounds of the cups.

I fancy a CF coming in more so than a wide player at this stage as I cant see us offloading the wide players required.
I’m not sure it will be an out & out striker, another player capable of playing across the front three would be my guess

...if I was a Chelsea fan, I’d be a little concerned that Frank Lampard doesn’t seem to know his preferred CB pairing. Ok, he’s just brought another in but there doesn’t appear a strategy, it looks like hit and miss approach. A top manager tends to back his judgement.

...if I was a Chelsea fan, I’d be a little concerned that Frank Lampard doesn’t seem to know his preferred CB pairing. Ok, he’s just brought another in but there doesn’t appear a strategy, it looks like hit and miss approach. A top manager tends to back his judgement.

I know he’s a quality defender, but that was a hell of a howler from Thiago Silva at West Bromwich

I wouidnt be so sure
If he does go then we as much at fault as Kean is imo. Yes you can argue that he does seem to have a bit of the Balotelli about him and tends to stroll about and look a bit moody and lazy at times but i do feel for him a bit in a sense that in some games he has been brought on with 2-3 min from the end. Very few players (especially inexperienced ones) are going to be able to make a difference to any match with such a limited time to perform, and both Silva and Carlo have done that.

I’m not sure it will be an out & out striker, another player capable of playing across the front three would be my guess

I still think it will be someone like Josh King who would be content with being just a squad player and who can play across the front line as you say.

Would love Milik but it doesn't seem likely at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.