Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
...if I was a Chelsea fan, I’d be a little concerned that Frank Lampard doesn’t seem to know his preferred CB pairing. Ok, he’s just brought another in but there doesn’t appear a strategy, it looks like hit and miss approach. A top manager tends to back his judgement.
Chelsea’s transfer business this summer has something of the Walsh/Koeman about it - spent boatloads of cash on established big names with no obvious plan for how they fit into the team/system

Nailed on for Villa West Ham or the horse punchers on loan
No way will Moyes take him, he already knows it’s like trying to train a cat to fetch! It might look like it’s listening and then immediately goes off and does what it had planned to do anyway which almost certainly doesn’t involve fetching anything. It will look quite impressive with a ball of wool at its feet but only for its own entertainment.

An you name me any team in their respective league in any country who have a full team of under 20 s who could come in and play regularly for their fiirst team
Most of those in the top 5 leagues have 3 or 4
Even the class of 92 had only about 5 regulars and they were and still are an outlier

Not really sure what point youre making here?

Everton football club has 6 direct backups to first team starters. Those players are all under the age of 20.

In the 5 remaining positions without u20 players backing up the starters, there is either no direct backup or players considered 'not good enough' by most.

What correlation do you see here?

Chelsea’s transfer business this summer has something of the Walsh/Koeman about it - spent boatloads of cash on established big names with no obvious plan for how they fit into the team/system

I suspect Chelsea will be fine, I wouldn’t be surprised if they went on a considerable winning streak at some stage this season.

Think they’re attacking four when fit, will all seriously complement each other unlike that Walsh/Koeman season.

Not a massive zouma fan, and think he time with us was over-rated by blues.

but he offers pace, something we do lack at the back.

He's really not THAT fast.

I mean he is faster than Keane and Mina but most players are.

I don't hate Zouma, think he is a perfectly acceptable player but I never like going back to someone. I want a new player buzz more than a known quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.