Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking we might sell a few of the fringe players after Wednesdays game as it stops the cup games until later in the season and the next window
Is that you Marcel lol ? As we dont have to wait till Wednesday to get rid of Sandro, Bolasie, Besic, Pennington, Bowler, Broadhead Baningime and Connolley.

I never much liked the waiting game in transfer windows but we've done well to get the important business done first so that we can play that game in a stronger position.

As other teams gain early injuries, lose their players and fill their bank accounts or go on losing runs and panic - the landscape changes and the opportunities change.

I expect we'll have to be creative with our least valued players. We may get something for Delph, Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard if the terms make sense.

Given Holgates lay-off and Branthwaites inexperience we need a body there - loan and option would be ideal - personally I liked Zouma a lot.

Well yes, but it came from a bit of miscommunication high up the pitch and Allan/Doucoure being pressed high. There was a 20/30 yard gap between the midfield and defence and neither defender had the pace to push out/one push out, the other have the pace to cover.

Mina gets caught in two minds, should have pressed out but hesitated, and he hits a good shot.

We want to play a high line in most of our games at home. Away is a different matter - we played deep yesterday to negate Palace's pace in behind.

But we need another quick CB, because as it stands we only have Holgate.

I'm not sure we do want to play that high really. We played higher under Silva than Ancelotti, and it didn't work.

We don't need to push that high either, Richarlison presses from the front and leads the press himself. We have no real passengers in attack, so we don't need to push high.

I like him. Reminds me of Holgate early days.

Lots of mistakes in him last year, a real comical own goal stands out in my mind for some reason

Norwich were absolutely woeful in defence, but I thought Aarons and Godfrey were a big part of the reason why. Maybe he will still develop, but we have started well and I'd prefer someone who is ready for this level. We are only 1 injury away from a crisis, and I'd prefer a safer option, even on a short term deal if necessary.

The point i was making was that the weaknesses in the squad are echoed even with the players under 20.

We have Gordon and we have Richarlison.
We have Kean and we have DCL.

Those two slots are fine, as are others such as left back with Digne/Nkounkou.

But the weakness is down the right with either a lack of quality OR a lack of quality depth. Same as u20s.

Centre midfield also no quality depth same as u20s.
An you name me any team in their respective league in any country who have a full team of under 20 s who could come in and play regularly for their fiirst team
Most of those in the top 5 leagues have 3 or 4
Even the class of 92 had only about 5 regulars and they were and still are an outlier

Status
Not open for further replies.