Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does go then we as much at fault as Kean is imo. Yes you can argue that he does seem to have a bit of the Balotelli about him and tends to stroll about and look a bit moody and lazy at times but i do feel for him a bit in a sense that in some games he has been brought on with 2-3 min from the end. Very few players (especially inexperienced ones) are going to be able to make a difference to any match with such a limited time to perform, and both Silva and Carlo have done that.
That’s a fair point, but unfortunately that’s the situation we are in. We can’t give game time to a kid if he’s not up to the job.

DCL got his chance due to circumstances and players we had bought not being up to the job. Turn the clock back 3 yrs and Kean gets loads more game time. But having Ancelotti and no Europe means it’s very difficult for the likes of the Kean’s of this world to get their chance. That’s why Europe is massive so you can at least give players more opportunities.

look at Orgi at Liverpool, he’s happy to Be on the bench every week.Maybe Kean wouid be at Juve but not at Everton. That’s where we are at this moment.
DCL is not Harry Kane, but look at the trouble spurs have had getting a back up.

Utd have Martial, Rashford and greenwood who can all play centrally or wide. So it’s works well for them. I’m not sure Martial or Rashford wouid be happy even at a club like utd, if they had to sit on the bench every week.

Ultimately it’s up to the player. He needs to prove in them 13mins, he deserves 25mins the week after.

if we get a Zaha, then we will have players in him and Richarlison who can play wide or centrally and it keeps everyone happy. Or you go for a more experienced CF. And put more pressure on DCL.

I still think it will be someone like Josh King who would be content with being just a squad player and who can play across the front line as you say.

Would love Milik but it doesn't seem likely at all.

King isn't going to excite people, but being in his final year the fee would not be huge and he can play on either flank as well. It's the sort of signing that comes into its own on deadline day and makes more sense. It wouldn't be the worst signing we could make, all things considered.

I'd much prefer Milik if Kean is going but we'll have to see how things pan out. If we got Milik it makes our forward options look hugely impressive overall, and the strongest we've had in 30 years.

Not a massive zouma fan, and think he time with us was over-rated by blues.

but he offers pace, something we do lack at the back.
The way he got caught out by Aubameyang in cup final says it all. He doesn't anticipate danger and positioning is bad. We do overrate him. We need to look at another viable option if we want to progress defensively. Our policy of buying top 6 cast offs has to stop.

I wouldn't be so sure - lads obviously not trusted considering he barely gets minutes and Tosun is a none starter.

We realistically cant rely on DCL staying fit all season especially if we make it to the latter rounds of the cups.

I fancy a CF coming in more so than a wide player at this stage as I cant see us offloading the wide players required.
I think we’ll do a deal for Kean to Juve if the terms are right and we can get a replacement in.

...if I was a Chelsea fan, I’d be a little concerned that Frank Lampard doesn’t seem to know his preferred CB pairing. Ok, he’s just brought another in but there doesn’t appear a strategy, it looks like hit and miss approach. A top manager tends to back his judgement.
that is why i take the Zouma rumours with a pinch of salt. First Rudiger now Zouma, i doubt both will go and leave them with Cristensen, Silva and Tomori

im not sure why anyone would want any of the chelsea defenders, i know they're being set up to fail by lampard but all 5 are distinctly average.

...I think it’s lots to do with blend. We really need pace and powers of recovery in central defence and we know the likes of Zouma provides that. I doubt we’d all of a sudden play 10 yards further up the pitch, but we would have somebody who can compete when the opposition get in behind our back four.

We’ve seen the difference having Doucoure makes to chasing runners attacking our defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.