Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The midfield had a very nice balance on Sunday. If that, over the next few games, proves to be a consistent performing blend with James on the right, do we want to be disturbing that by bringing in another winger of the perceived level of Zaha?

What I mean is, we've got Gordon and Bernard (and Iwobi, Walcott but I expect they won't be here come the beginning of the season). For a club not in Europe, should we not just have those as back ups rather than having someone who is going to come on big money and potentially sit on the bench?
There will be plenty of games where we can play a midfield 2 with James ahead of them in a roving roll, which will allow us to play 3 strikers

There will be plenty of games where we can play a midfield 2 with James ahead of them in a roving roll, which will allow us to play 3 strikers
Such as..West Brom.

The teams that sit back we should have full reign over attacking. With Doucoure and Allan I think we are covering the defenders well meaning James can push up quite a bit. Honestly think he should move inside on matches like these if we ever get a competent RW.

I just dont want us to get complacent with the business done - midfield looks fine but still havent much out wide or up top and we are thin at RB/CB/GK

With RS signing Thiago, Spurs signing Bale/Relugion, Utd still likely to do business and others like Wolves, Leicester even clubs like Palace bringing in hungry wide players like Eze and Behrama who look very good I think if we are serious about winning a trophy or getting top 6 we still need another 2-3 in at the minimum.

Get James in the middle where he can dictate the play, top wide player with pace and who actually can drive into the box out wide, back up CF & CB and if any dough left/ Kenny goes get a RB in to compete with Seamus.
Have the D C L keys bust on your Lappy?

Guess the problem is other clubs know we are fairly desperate to sell to free up the wage budget/balance FFP.

Fingers crossed he gets them out but think it will go to the wire!

If he does get them all out it will have been one hell of a summer.

If he gets half of them out he deserves a stand named after him.

Jack Thosun

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200917-134508.png
    Screenshot_20200917-134508.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 304
Sadly I don't see us selling anybody else, our dross is on too high of wages. Best we can hope for with Tosun, Sandro, Walcott, Delph, etc. is to eat half their wages and send them somewhere on a free or for a season loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.