Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
RB
CB
RW
I’d say Carlo wants all 3 and Moshiri /Usmanov / Brands will make it happen

PL and UEFA will be more worried about clubs going out of business that us spending a few million over the odds.
Looking at some of the spends of the PL teams and it’s really low
I reckon some will panic and we will shift a few
Clubs are struggling financially and I can see WBA , West Ham ,Newcastle and Brighton giving Marcel a bell nearer the end of the window
JJK, Davies , Delph Walcott plus one or two others will do a job for some of those teams
I’m hoping for the best but expecting the worst. If we could get a quality RB, good loan CB and quality RW then our expectations for the season should be top 6. In that sense it’s maybe a gamble worth taking financially but we wait and see I guess.

The midfield had a very nice balance on Sunday. If that, over the next few games, proves to be a consistent performing blend with James on the right, do we want to be disturbing that by bringing in another winger of the perceived level of Zaha?

What I mean is, we've got Gordon and Bernard (and Iwobi, Walcott but I expect they won't be here come the beginning of the season). For a club not in Europe, should we not just have those as back ups rather than having someone who is going to come on big money and potentially sit on the bench?
If Carlo goes back to 4/4/2 then he will need a winger Ricarlison goes up top and a winger comes in
If he stays 4/3/3 then he will need James nearer to DCL and Gomes will drop out as James offers more creativity and more goal threat than Gomes.
It’s about having enough players to play different systems.
Every squad needs an out and out winger and we don’t have one.
A pacy winger is a good out ball when under pressure
Ricarlison DCL and a winger would give us pace and support on the break

I’m hoping for the best but expecting the worst. If we could get a quality RB, good loan CB and quality RW then our expectations for the season should be top 6. In that sense it’s maybe a gamble worth taking financially but we wait and see I guess.
One thing Moshiri has not been afraid of is gambling with Usmanovs money
Klassen , Sandro , Bolasie Rooney and others proved this

My gut feeling would be something like this;
1) Fee agreed for Gabriel- we revised due to Covid
2) In that time medfield emerges as a priority, Keane found some form, Brainthwaite emerged
3) Tomori has been seen as a viable 2nd option by Brands. Similar type to Gabriel- quick but also strong and imposing.
4) Everton and Chelsea are likely playing hard ball on loan fee, and potentially buy option at the end.

5) Chelsea probably happy for him to go, may get done a little later on.
6 Chelsea will want him as cover while Thiago Silva settles in/has his extra break after playing Champions League final but don't need him for season.

Arsenal, Everton or abroad the only realistic options I can see.

And I think Everton is the least likely of those three options. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried for him again, but I don't see it happening due to the enormous fee and our struggles to move others on.
Can't see anyone in Europe going for him. Just have a feeling that we might try and offload Iwobi in a deal for him

I think you will see a fair few loans. It's not ideal, but in fairness we haven't actually spent a lot in fees ourselves. If we can clear even 70% off the wage bill (I mean on average only payng 30% of their wages) we will be doing ok. They are the sort of deals I can imagine.

I do think teams will start to blink a bit. 3 will go down, and you have 6 or 7 who are struggling, so loans are quite a decent way to cover things.

If Kean goes out on loan, I think we may try for a striker too.

Brands you sense is waiting for the end of window madness, when clubs really start to blink. Could be some welcome surprises at that point.
The fact that teams will have played a few games will mean they will know where they are short and how bad things are
Have you seen West Ham’s next few league games
Arsenal
Wolves
Leicester
Tottenham
City
Liverpool
That’s up to the 31 st October
They could quite easily end up with zero points at Halloween
Instead of paying 40m on Tarwoski better off taking JJK, Davies , Walcott and get a loan of a decent CB

Outgoings are more important than than more signings right now (barring a CB on loan)
Both to make the financial/wage situation a little more balanced but also perhaps to reinvest in one more ‘statement’ signing eg a Bailey

Whatever happens we won't plug every hole in the squad by October 5th. There is always an element of a what-if at the end of every window.

I am confident especially after Ancelotti's words last night that he'll ensure we get CB cover. We cannot put all our eggs in one basket there and be left floundering and trying to do a desperate loan deal on deadline day afternoon.

Other than that, the parameters of what else can be done will have been clear months ago, depending on money already spent and players leaving.

As with every other window, if there is spare money they have to decide whether to go all-in for a player they really like, or to split the budget and make use of the loan quota.

One thing I don't doubt is that they aren't working as hard as they can to do more deals. They have got a lot wrong in recent years but the club can't be accused of not backing the manager. If there is more money to spend, they'll do their best to use it.

The fact that teams will have played a few games will mean they will know where they are short and how bad things are
Have you seen West Ham’s next few league games
Arsenal
Wolves
Leicester
Tottenham
City
Liverpool
That’s up to the 31 st October
They could quite easily end up with zero points at Halloween
Instead of paying 40m on Tarwoski better off taking JJK, Davies , Walcott and get a loan of a decent CB
Instead of paying 40m on Tarwoski,better off taking JJK, Davies , Walcott, and we throw in Bolasie, Besic, Sandro and Iwobi lol

Tomori on loan, can’t see much else happening apart from flogging a few on loan. If the likes of besic Sandro, bolasie, lossl didn’t get on last nights bench I guess he will be happy to see them go or loaned out

I'm not sure we'll be able to sell enough players to go for more than just defensive cover. I don't think the plan was to get a centre half this window, but the Holgate injury made us change our plans, and the Branthwaite injury means it's essential.

I think it's two more players max, possibly just a defender. But as a minimum, a defender has to come in.

Tomori has been a long-term target all window but believe they were willing to wait until late on (to see how the situation was with Chelsea) before the Holgate injury, mate. Again, this is just the gist I get from having had a chat with someone who would know more than me.

A winger is a target too, but yes realistically depends on outs.

Tomori has been a long-term target all window but believe they were willing to wait until late on (to see how the situation was with Chelsea) before the Holgate injury, mate. Again, this is just the gist I get from having had a chat with someone who would know more than me.

A winger is a target too, but yes realistically depends on outs.

Oh dear

Status
Not open for further replies.