Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think one is dependent on the other tbf.

CB is definitely what's needed first. Think any bid for Zaha - or another winger - will be late

I'm not sure we'll be able to sell enough players to go for more than just defensive cover. I don't think the plan was to get a centre half this window, but the Holgate injury made us change our plans, and the Branthwaite injury means it's essential.

I think it's two more players max, possibly just a defender. But as a minimum, a defender has to come in.

We won’t be getting Europe then sadly imo.
We’d need to be very lucky with injuries to get Europe. Our first XI is probably good enough to challenge for top 6 but once a couple of key players get injured then we’ll be in a bit of trouble.

Just don’t see any wide players coming in unless we shift some of our deadwood and nobody seems interested.

Anyone we do sign needs to be top quality to help push us on.

Looks like Tomori set for Rennes, no way will Lampard like him to move to us - a rival. Also looks like no chance of Zouma in the circs.

So now where for a CB?

Even though we looked good against Spurs Mate, I’m not being funny, but I don’t see Lampard being worried about loaning us one of their players who is way down the pecking order in that Chelsea team.

I'm not sure we'll be able to sell enough players to go for more than just defensive cover. I don't think the plan was to get a centre half this window, but the Holgate injury made us change our plans, and the Branthwaite injury means it's essential.

I think it's two more players max, possibly just a defender. But as a minimum, a defender has to come in.
They definitely wanted a centre half. We had a fee agreed for Gabriel don't forget, I think centre half was originally a priority which then became a secondary issue due to the midfield being so horrendous. The original reports about Tomori were that we'd already been talking to Chelsea about taking him and just stepped up the interest once Holgate got injured.

They definitely wanted a centre half. We had a fee agreed for Gabriel don't forget, I think centre half was originally a priority which then became a secondary issue due to the midfield being so horrendous. The original reports about Tomori were that we'd already been talking to Chelsea about taking him and just stepped up the interest once Holgate got injured.
It’s all gone quiet on that front though it’s clear we are looking for a CB.

My gut feeling would be something like this;
1) Fee agreed for Gabriel- we revised due to Covid
2) In that time medfield emerges as a priority, Keane found some form, Brainthwaite emerged
3) Tomori has been seen as a viable 2nd option by Brands. Similar type to Gabriel- quick but also strong and imposing.
4) Everton and Chelsea are likely playing hard ball on loan fee, and potentially buy option at the end.

5) Chelsea probably happy for him to go, may get done a little later on.

RB
CB
RW
I’d say Carlo wants all 3 and Moshiri /Usmanov / Brands will make it happen

PL and UEFA will be more worried about clubs going out of business that us spending a few million over the odds.
Looking at some of the spends of the PL teams and it’s really low
I reckon some will panic and we will shift a few
Clubs are struggling financially and I can see WBA , West Ham ,Newcastle and Brighton giving Marcel a bell nearer the end of the window
JJK, Davies , Delph Walcott plus one or two others will do a job for some of those teams

RB
CB
RW
I’d say Carlo wants all 3 and Moshiri /Usmanov / Brands will make it happen

PL and UEFA will be more worried about clubs going out of business that us spending a few million over the odds.
Looking at some of the spends of the PL teams and it’s really low
I reckon some will panic and we will shift a few
Clubs are struggling financially and I can see WBA , West Ham ,Newcastle and Brighton giving Marcel a bell nearer the end of the window
JJK, Davies , Delph Walcott plus one or two others will do a job for some of those teams

I think you will see a fair few loans. It's not ideal, but in fairness we haven't actually spent a lot in fees ourselves. If we can clear even 70% off the wage bill (I mean on average only payng 30% of their wages) we will be doing ok. They are the sort of deals I can imagine.

I do think teams will start to blink a bit. 3 will go down, and you have 6 or 7 who are struggling, so loans are quite a decent way to cover things.

If Kean goes out on loan, I think we may try for a striker too.

Brands you sense is waiting for the end of window madness, when clubs really start to blink. Could be some welcome surprises at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.