Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca is a club in crisis. COVID and the Messi fall out. Still think Emerson could happen later in the window. They’ll be desperate to reduce their wage bill, in particular to the likes of Emerson who is on the fringes of the first team.
They will certainly want to generate cash from sales and save wages as well. You would think however that the real drain on finances at the club would be players like Messi, Suarez and Griezmann.

Anyone able to translate?
Was this sent to you or is this your screen grab from your twitter account? If you’re on Twitter, it’s simple to translate this tweets. Just simply tap “translate tweet” that is under every foreign tweet. In this case, it’s just above the photo of Sandro

You know....one year, I'd like to be interested in the Transfer Window to see what other clubs come for our players because we're good, rather than just hoping for better than we've got. :(

Agreed, if it's Allan +James, I'd find it hard to see any further incomings without sales and/or players going off the wage bill through loans. I'd find it hard to see how we could add Doucouré to the midfield, or any other money signing, on top.

Still think we'll try to wrap those two up in time for the first game, and then will have to wait until deadline day/week to add another player or two, whether that be through frees and/or loans, who knows. It depends on what we can raise through sales.

I think the likelihood is Moshiri puts more money in.

What getting Allan and to a degree James over the line does re the Doucoure negotiations though is give us massive leverage. I'd imagine Watford are very keen to get back promoted first time of asking, and realise they need the money to probably allow them to perhaps strengthen in other areas. So it squeezes them, as we know worst case scenario we start the season with Allan/Gomes in the middle of midfield, with James and Gordkn wide- which is a good midfield. I always think of Sane at Sunderland, who the didn't sell for a good price to us, and they ended up having to part pay his wages on loan afterwards. It's a similar risk for Watford if they mess about too much.

I happen to think there will be a bit of a scramble come the back end of this window, and in truth it may be one we partake in. Opportunities may arise. If we can move a handful out you don't know what comes up. Maybe someone like say a Coutinho becomes available at a bottom dollar price? Or if Chelsea may allow Tomori out on loan for a much reduced fee or whatever etc.

Presume Allan and Rodriguez won't be able to play against Spurs due to Quarantine rules?? Not sure if Doucoure is still in the UK..

What getting Allan and to a degree James over the line does re the Doucoure negotiations though is give us massive leverage. I'd imagine Watford are very keen to get back promoted first time of asking, and realise they need the money to probably allow them to perhaps strengthen in other areas. So it squeezes them, as we know worst case scenario we start the season with Allan/Gomes in the middle of midfield, with James and Gordkn wide- which is a good midfield. I always think of Sane at Sunderland, who the didn't sell for a good price to us, and they ended up having to part pay his wages on loan afterwards. It's a similar risk for Watford if they mess about too much.

I happen to think there will be a bit of a scramble come the back end of this window, and in truth it may be one we partake in. Opportunities may arise. If we can move a handful out you don't know what comes up. Maybe someone like say a Coutinho becomes available at a bottom dollar price? Or if Chelsea may allow Tomori out on loan for a much reduced fee or whatever etc.

Kone at Sunderland

If Moshiri opts to put more money in that's the best scenario, but I would be skeptical on that when we are in a place where stadium funding would expected to be signed off by the end of the year. He has already committed himself to making up the shortfall between what we secure in funding and the final cost. It's not where the money is coming from, it's more the perception of the lenders as to our stability.

It's all on finances obviously, but you get the deals done sooner rather than later if you can. Things are obviously being tightly managed though. It can work both ways, Watford can make us wait if they know we really want Doucouré, and he wants the move. I hope we can resolve that by giving them a player acceptable to them that might do a job in The Championship.

There is plenty of scope of flexibility in last minute dealing, for frees, loans, and cheaper fees. Tomori is a strong possibility I think. There will be plenty of takers for Chelsea's fringe players, and if we can pad out the squad and Ancelotti's options on a low-risk basis, we absolutely must.

Status
Not open for further replies.