Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people see all of these players we have reportedly bid for.. they need to go back to what Brands said a few weeks ago.
This will not be a big spending window.

I am sur they had names of players they would like to cover most position but the pandemic has probably reduced that list to areas that absolutely have to be strengthened.... midfield.

When people see all of these players we have reportedly bid for.. they need to go back to what Brands said a few weeks ago.

I am sur they had names of players they would like to cover most position but the pandemic has probably reduced that list to areas that absolutely have to be strengthened.... midfield.
But if we did have money he would never come out and say yep we have bucket loads and will get some top top players in; then have to get on the phone and try and negotiate a decent price.

Which is probably why we are hearing talk of loan offers. I think 3 ins and any more will only follow if we sell a couple of players.

Barca is a club in crisis. COVID and the Messi fall out. Still think Emerson could happen later in the window. They’ll be desperate to reduce their wage bill, in particular to the likes of Emerson who is on the fringes of the first team.

Agreed, if it's Allan +James, I'd find it hard to see any further incomings without sales and/or players going off the wage bill through loans. I'd find it hard to see how we could add Doucouré to the midfield, or any other money signing, on top.

Still think we'll try to wrap those two up in time for the first game, and then will have to wait until deadline day/week to add another player or two, whether that be through frees and/or loans, who knows. It depends on what we can raise through sales.

Agreed, if it's Allan +James, I'd find it hard to see any further incomings without sales and/or players going off the wage bill through loans. I'd find it hard to see how we could add Doucouré to the midfield, or any other money signing, on top.

Still think we'll try to wrap those two up in time for the first game, and then will have to wait until deadline day/week to add another player or two, whether that be through frees and/or loans.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see James, Allan and Doucoure but I expect we will shift a few players before the end of the window. Then maybe one or two on loan or relatively inexpensive deals like Arias.

Which is probably why we are hearing talk of loan offers. I think 3 ins and any more will only follow if we sell a couple of players.
Totally agree. We hopefully get these 3 players in,. Which should hopefully transform the midfield which is our biggest weakness, then we are dependent on sales to buy more. Could also see swap deals were we want a player from a club and we offer someone e.g. siggy , Davies, Bernard to that club

Anyone able to translate?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200831-125020_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200831-125020_Twitter.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 285
But if we did have money he would never come out and say yep we have bucket loads and will get some top top players in; then have to get on the phone and try and negotiate a decent price.
True, however we all know that income for all clubs has been hit really hard, even if there was a date set for crowds to return that would be something but realistically unless a vaccine is found in the next few months there will probably be very few people attending matches for most of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.