Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest problem we have signings wise is so many players have been brought in by different managers knitting them together is proving difficult. 2 up front suits our strikers but not our midfield. I'm not totally convinced any of our centre backs are totally comfortable in a 2 but you need a left footer ideally to make 3 at the back work but neither of ours are quite ready and neither of our right backs are mobile enough to be wing backs but it probably would suit Digne. We need 2 midfielders whatever formation we have as only Gomes is good enough at the moment as we can't count Delph and Gbamin as they are both injury prone. Then there is the Sigurdsson conundrum he's on £120k p/w so no one is taking him off us but he only really suits one position in a system that doesn't seem to work. Finally on the wings we have 3 (4 if you count Richarlison) right footers who prefer the left and 2 of them (Iwobi and Gordon) and possibly all 3 (Bernard) might actually be better suited to being number 10s in the same system that suits Sigurdsson. Walcott is the only winger that prefers the right and he is very inconsistent.

Bargain.

Shame he doesnt know what an Everton is.

And we should probably avoid signing anybody called Sandro.

20200831_083407.png

The biggest problem we have signings wise is so many players have been brought in by different managers knitting them together is proving difficult. 2 up front suits our strikers but not our midfield. I'm not totally convinced any of our centre backs are totally comfortable in a 2 but you need a left footer ideally to make 3 at the back work but neither of ours are quite ready and neither of our right backs are mobile enough to be wing backs but it probably would suit Digne. We need 2 midfielders whatever formation we have as only Gomes is good enough at the moment as we can't count Delph and Gbamin as they are both injury prone. Then there is the Sigurdsson conundrum he's on £120k p/w so no one is taking him off us but he only really suits one position in a system that doesn't seem to work. Finally on the wings we have 3 (4 if you count Richarlison) right footers who prefer the left and 2 of them (Iwobi and Gordon) and possibly all 3 (Bernard) might actually be better suited to being number 10s in the same system that suits Sigurdsson. Walcott is the only winger that prefers the right and he is very inconsistent.

Gomes hasn’t even been up to it - given he’s had his problems and seems to have some class about him.

min general, the whole midfield has been a shambles. Victor Moses is a great example of putting square pegs in square holes however players will play better if they are good players themselves and have better players or players of the same or better quality around them. We are sorely lacking on both parts.

If Carlo gets the players we’re linked with the midfield improves massively.

Simms is not currently a better option than DCL. However he needs time to develop the last thing he needs is the pressure of replacing last years leading scorer. He might turn out to be the ideal partner for DCL with Richarlison on the wing. We'll see what happens but I know who I would rather see starting against Spurs.

Didn’t say that Tho did he. He said that he had heard what Carlo ‘s attitude to the players was. Insider info.
Some years ago someone who worked for Valencia told me we'd dodged a bullet in not getting Banega because of an off field issue,not that long afterwards Banega ran himself over in a petrol station, didn't make me an ITK though.

Simms is not currently a better option than DCL. However he needs time to develop the last thing he needs is the pressure of replacing last years leading scorer. He might turn out to be the ideal partner for DCL with Richarlison on the wing. We'll see what happens but I know who I would rather see starting against Spurs.

....slightly off topic, but wouldn’t be surprised if Tom Cannon and Lewis Dobbin overtake Simms in the pecking order by this time next season.

....slightly off topic, but wouldn’t be surprised if Tom Cannon and Lewis Dobbin overtake Simms in the pecking order by this time next season.

I think by the end of the season Simms needs to be at least knocking on the door. Cannon seems to be scoring for fun and Dobbin is already part of the u23s. If we could get a striker come through it would save us a fortune.

Some years ago someone who worked for Valencia told me we'd dodged a bullet in not getting Banega because of an off field issue,not that long afterwards Banega ran himself over in a petrol station, didn't make me an ITK though.
So gossip. But maybe better informed. So has @ForeverBlue92 been told something by someone inside the club like you were on this occasion? That’s all I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.