Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said don't give him a chance, just think selling our leading goalscorer from last season in order to replace him with a lad who nobody has even seen kick a ball at Senior level is beyond stupid.
Playing Devils Advocate....how does anyone know whether Simms would or wouldn’t hit the ground running at that level? He’s big for his age, certainly knows where the onion bag is and appears to be highly respected amongst the coaching staff. Forgetting experience, which he’ll only get by playing, the odds on him being a better, more natural finisher than DCL are surely favourable.
He could be the next Wayne Rooney, or equally the next Nick Chadwick....we won’t know until he gets a chance.

Playing Devils Advocate....how does anyone know whether Simms would or wouldn’t hit the ground running at that level? He’s big for his age, certainly knows where the onion bag is and appears to be highly respected amongst the coaching staff. Forgetting experience, which he’ll only get by playing, the odds on him being a better, more natural finisher than DCL are surely favourable.
He could be the next Wayne Rooney, or equally the next Nick Chadwick....we won’t know until he gets a chance.
As is always the case ‘we’ won’t know in the same that we don’t know you aren’t better than DCL. We just assume the coaches know best. We’re in trouble if they don’t.

And when he gets his chance I hope he takes it.

But until then, not a single person on here can claim hes a better option than DCL.

I agree we won't know but I don't think it is time to just toss in a random young player in what is a position of relative strength. I would like to see him on loan as he obviously is too good for u23.

Give him time especially if we all back into the ground because our fanbase is at breaking point on the patience side don't ruin him it could end up like a rabbit in front of headlights. Time needed

He's no Wayne Rooney mate, once in a generation type footballer we had there, and we sold him almost straight away, for less than what they paid for Rio Ferdinand at the time too, I'll never get over it.

Ever

Schrodinger's youth player!

Delph, Tosun, Bernard, Davies, Kenny, Bolasie, Besic, Connolly, Baningime, Adenrian, Sandro, Pennington, Bowler, Boardhead.

Gibson out on loan to Huddersfield.

How many of them will be leaving and how much are we going to recoup from sells and loans?

Delph, Tosun, Bernard, Davies, Kenny, Bolasie, Besic, Connolly, Baningime, Adenrian, Sandro, Pennington, Bowler, Boardhead.

Gibson out on loan to Huddersfield.

How many of them will be leaving and how much are we going to recoup from sells and loans?
Matty Pennington....talk about a turd that won't flush. How he's been allowed hang round the club for so long is beyond me.

Matty Pennington....talk about a turd that won't flush. How he's been allowed hang round the club for so long is beyond me.

...it’s not his fault he he was given a 3 year contract. From what I know, he’s keen to kick-start his career elsewhere but there’s been no offers. His salary is probably the draw back. Top lad apparently, academically outstanding (he did A levels when a full time footballer).

The terminology you use should be directed at the club (Steve Walsh) who gave a number of youngsters and senior professionals lengthy and costly contracts that were not warranted.

Last edited:
...it’s not his fault he he was given a 3 year contract. From what I know, he’s keen to kick-start his career elsewhere but there’s been no offers. His salary is probably the draw back. Top lad apparently, academically outstanding (he did A levels when a full time footballer).

The terminology you use should be directed at the club (Steve Walsh) who gave a number of youngsters and senior professionals lengthy and costly contracts that were not warranted.
I couldn't care if he's a "top lad" or can read Ancient Greek mythology I'd like him flushed into the Mersey please.

Status
Not open for further replies.