Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new midfield and a proper RB will transform this team! Getting excited for the new season now!
Everyone is so used to being letdown and hoping for a half decent effort by the players. No longer I’m predicting if these transfers go through.
Ancelotti evolution is gathering steam!

I think the likelihood is Moshiri puts more money in.

What getting Allan and to a degree James over the line does re the Doucoure negotiations though is give us massive leverage. I'd imagine Watford are very keen to get back promoted first time of asking, and realise they need the money to probably allow them to perhaps strengthen in other areas. So it squeezes them, as we know worst case scenario we start the season with Allan/Gomes in the middle of midfield, with James and Gordkn wide- which is a good midfield. I always think of Sane at Sunderland, who the didn't sell for a good price to us, and they ended up having to part pay his wages on loan afterwards. It's a similar risk for Watford if they mess about too much.

I happen to think there will be a bit of a scramble come the back end of this window, and in truth it may be one we partake in. Opportunities may arise. If we can move a handful out you don't know what comes up. Maybe someone like say a Coutinho becomes available at a bottom dollar price? Or if Chelsea may allow Tomori out on loan for a much reduced fee or whatever etc.

Good post mate, the finances around Jamo will be interesting to watch. Some are saying a straight deal, others saying a year loan, then with an obligation/option. It might be that we pay a loan fee now and a bit next year is some convoluted deal, to assist both clubs finances.

What i think is happening with Doucoure is he wants to come here, play for Carlo, the quality of player he could link up with, his own profile etc. In that case we tell him to sit tight, turn down other offers coming into Watford. Watford continue to pay his PL wages, which will be a drain on them and we take this the wire and drag down the price.

This one is a grind. Im on record as saying i think we have 60 mill in extra revenue (pre covid) and ill stick to that. Part of me thinks we have flexibility for Doucoure as we were going to pay 36 million for him last year right up to the end of the window.

Last edited:

Sounds like £22m for Allan and £20m for James split over a loan with obligation to buy (makes perfect sense to make the finances look better).

Personally I’d still rather we go for someone like Bailey instead of Doucoure.

The rumours of a 2 year loan offer for Emerson are interesting too. I think we’ll end up getting 3 more in after Allan and James by being creative with the transfers.
  • Allan £22m.
  • James £20m.
  • Bailey (one year loan to buy £25m, he was out of favour last season and they won’t be short of cash from the Havertz sale).
  • Emerson (2 year loan to buy £25m).
  • Sergio Romero (loan, out of contract next summer).
Business done for the summer.

Sounds like £22m for Allan and £20m for James split over a loan with obligation to buy (makes perfect sense to make the finances look better).

The rumours of a 2 year loan offer for Emerson are interesting too. I think we’ll end up getting 3 more in after Allan and James by being creative with the transfers.
  • Allan £22m.
  • James £20m.
  • Bailey (one year loan to buy £25m, he was out of favour last season and they won’t be short of cash from the Havertz sale).

Think we need another cm. Gomes, Delph and Gbamin are injury prone. Davies just not v good.

Man Utd have the option to extend Romero’s contract for another year.

• Allan £22m.
  • James £20m.
Think we need another cm. Gomes, Delph and Gbamin are injury prone. Davies just not v good.

Man Utd have the option to extend Romero’s contract for another year.

Agree with hk here, another CM is more important than another winger/attacking mid/wide forward if we get James. Our CMs performed at relegation standard last season, especially in the restart, don't think Allan is enough.

Agree with hk here, another CM is more important than another winger/attacking mid/wide forward if we get James. Our CMs performed at relegation standard last season, especially in the restart, don't think Allan is enough.

Yes mate the lack of legs and aggression in cm was alarming.

Crazy to think we could get Allan and James for below what we paid for Sigurdsson.

Shows how incredibly ridiculous the Premier League premium actually is, we’re getting two top drawer players for a little over £40m, United are getting the lad from Ajax for £35m yet Leicester mugged them and Chelsea in back to back summers for Maguire and Chilwell for £130m combined

Shows how incredibly ridiculous the Premier League premium actually is, we’re getting two top drawer players for a little over £40m, United are getting the lad from Ajax for £35m yet Leicester mugged them and Chelsea in back to back summers for Maguire and Chilwell for £130m combined
Leicester are getting fantastic fees like we use to do back in the day.

Having said that I know they had a strong start to last season but can’t help but feel they are on a decline.

it’s quite incredible to think that even with Leicester playing at their best I very much doubt they could sign Allan or Rodriguez.

Gota love Carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.