Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you ever sell an in-demand player for less than his release clause?
I think his point was more that a buyer had to be prepared to pay it in this climate. I tend to agree that there won't be much of a decline in fees for the top players, where I think we will see the effect of the pandemic is in the tier below that level of player. The chatter about Villa being able to ask £30m for Mings, for example, seems very spurious to me.

Besic had already this season triggered a clause in his existing contract which entitled him to a 12-month extension by reaching 25 Barclays Premier League appearances for the club but the Everton manager, Roberto Martínez, was keen to tie the player down to a much longer term.

Martinez gave him a 5 and a half year extension.

Utter clown that fella.

Upsets me to see you badmouth Besic so much you fickle U-boat sized chump.

Besic had already this season triggered a clause in his existing contract which entitled him to a 12-month extension by reaching 25 Barclays Premier League appearances for the club but the Everton manager, Roberto Martínez, was keen to tie the player down to a much longer term.

Martinez gave him a 5 and a half year extension.

Utter clown that fella.

5 and a half years for good half against City and a tattoo that made him look hard. Wow.

He’d still be playing centre half for some pub team in Hungary if Roberto wasn’t commentating on that World Cup match.

If I was manager I would bring in an experienced Centre half and a Central Midfielder. Leaders on the pitch, like a Gareth Barry, was. Or a Reid

We've got to be looking at 2 CM, 1 CB and a RW minimum this summer/autumn. I would like a RB and a GK as well but I'm not sure that is realistic.

If we don't sign two central midfielders next year is going to be a long year.

We've got to be looking at 2 CM, 1 CB and a RW minimum this summer/autumn. I would like a RB and a GK as well but I'm not sure that is realistic.

If we don't sign two central midfielders next year is going to be a long year.

And you think 2 CMs is realistic?

It would depend on outs I suppose.

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Muhamed Bešić
Kieran Dowell (HG)
Beni Baningime (HG)
Callum Connolly (HG)

And yes, I know some of those arent really first team players, but they are still draining a wage.

He did almost man mark him out of the game though.

it was crazy. One of the greatest players of all time, maybe even the greatest, couldn’t get a kick for 85 mins. He did an incredible job keeping him quiet.

However, Messi only needs one chance, one slip, one view of goal and he did what he’s been doing for over a decade now.

still a very good effort.

No he really didnt, its another blinkered view of what happened.

[/QUOTE]
And you think 2 CMs is realistic?

It would depend on outs I suppose.

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Muhamed Bešić
Kieran Dowell (HG)
Beni Baningime (HG)
Callum Connolly (HG)

And yes, I know some of those arent really first team players, but they are still draining a wage.

I can see us trying to sell or loan all of them except for Gomes and Gbamin maybe Davies kept for HG quota. So yes you need two at least.

Think we could be good for up to about 17m wages to play around with as of now.

7% increase we are allowed plus Morgan, Oumar and that crap RB. Can't for the life of me remember his name.

Gbamin we may have to start paying out of it though as I am sure insurance pays the wages of long term absentees.

Status
Not open for further replies.