Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meuiner is on 60,000 Euros a week compared to Coleman on 75,000 Pounds so immediately better option there and Kenny must be on around 25,000 compared to 45 or 50 thousand for Sidibe so looking at pure financial sense its better to not opt to sign Sidibe and sell Coleman as anythng over 60 thousand is profit and get Meuiner in with Kenny ;-)
Similar Baines is on too high a salary to be offered new contract extension as his back up !
Wages are going to drop hugely by the removal of 6 or 7 players out of contract and then players need to be shifted out if no future here for them as their too costly to keep Dowell or pennington to go on loan again and at least players like Besic is looking to leave if possible ;-)
The big problem players that we know are not wanted or needed are Sandro and Bolasie ;-(
Then its to decide on Glyffi, Schneiderlin and Walcott as are on too high a wage for squad back ups

Baines deserves an extension. Been more than adequate when he played.

Positions I think we need? RB, CB, CM, RM. Positions that would be nice? GK, LB.

If we take Ancelotti's 4-4-2 as the blueprint going forward I reckon next season we're in this shape ignoring academy fillers:

GK: Pickford, NEW
CB: Holgate, Mina, Keane, NEW
LB: Digne, NEW
RB: Kenny, NEW
CM: Gomes, JPG, Davies, NEW
LM: Bernard, Iwobi
RM: NEW, Walcott
ST: Kean, DCL, Richy, NEW

Linked with anyone decent so far since Jan? Not a lot.

GK: Cakir
CB: Kumbulla, Gabriel
LB:
RB:
CM: Allan, Tufan, Zielinski
LM: Lozano
RM: Ihattaren(ish)
ST: David

I think 7 players sounds too many in one window. I could see 5 coming in, Baines doing another season, Kenny doing another season on loan and signing Sidibe on a perm, plus 5 where you have suggested. Need a shed load out though. If Brands pulls it off I will be very impressed

I expect some good business to be done this Summer.

Brands has had 2 years in the job and we finally have a class manager who will be able to mould a team.

Hopefully no more vanity persuits of the likes of Sigurdsson or Zaha from the owner, who are already at their peaks and not world class.

Find more Richarlison's and unknowns who will fit the club, and lets really kick on.

Meuiner is on 60,000 Euros a week compared to Coleman on 75,000 Pounds so immediately better option there and Kenny must be on around 25,000 compared to 45 or 50 thousand for Sidibe so looking at pure financial sense its better to not opt to sign Sidibe and sell Coleman as anythng over 60 thousand is profit and get Meuiner in with Kenny ;-)
Similar Baines is on too high a salary to be offered new contract extension as his back up !
Wages are going to drop hugely by the removal of 6 or 7 players out of contract and then players need to be shifted out if no future here for them as their too costly to keep Dowell or pennington to go on loan again and at least players like Besic is looking to leave if possible ;-)
The big problem players that we know are not wanted or needed are Sandro and Bolasie ;-(
Then its to decide on Glyffi, Schneiderlin and Walcott as are on too high a wage for squad back ups

I get what your saying and I agree .. but we need to reduce it a lot imo . I mean let’s say we need to reduce it by 20% just as an example in order to be run properly. We also need to attract a high caliber of player to improve and they obviously cost big wages. We need to get the wages down 25% in order to then sign these players Bringing the wages back to the desired level. Our problem is that Walcott, bolasie, Morgan , siggy, sandro are all offering very little ( Walcott and siggy)and in the other cases they offer absolutely nothing, are all our biggest earners. We need to shift them and use their wages to pay actual footballers but nobody will buy them. Coco, basic , tuson , Coleman ,baines, Keane all taking a wage and not good enough although baines played well when called upon so if he was willing to take like 20k a week I’d be happy for him to stay another year. Manuire or whatever his name ismight be on 60k a week there but coming to the prem on a free transfer he will be asking for a lot more , especially considering it’s his last big contract if you consider his age. I’m not against him coming but again , as most windows ,our primary concern has to be getting the crap out but it’s really not an easy task and is a massive stone around the neck of brands and Carlo. With so many clubs rebuilding etc now is a great opportunity witha world class manager , to catch and overtake them. I just really hope that it’s not typical Everton and we miss it because of bad timing. Saying that the stars aligned for us to get Carlo so maybe times are changing for us

Baines deserves an extension. Been more than adequate when he played.

just posted something saying exactky that. If he’s keen to take a small contract 20k ish ? I’d keep him on he must enjoy being around the squad , keeping fit getting paid and I bet he really appreciates it now when he gets on the pitch. He’s unlikely to live into coaching or management imoand doesn’t seem to want to go to MLS. Considering all that I think he would take a small contract and like you say, his performances last season were not just ok but we’re very good imo. Against weaker teams at home when we have a lot of the ball , I still think he’s better than digne tbh, he’s much better with the ball, better delivery , much better passer etc it’s literally only his age and body that stop him being able to get up and down the line. I’d deffo keep him and I think we lol owe him another year seeing as he was the reason we sacked bobby ;)

I think 7 players sounds too many in one window. I could see 5 coming in, Baines doing another season, Kenny doing another season on loan and signing Sidibe on a perm, plus 5 where you have suggested. Need a shed load out though. If Brands pulls it off I will be very impressed

I know Schalke have already agreed terms with Kenny should he want to leave, agreeing a fee would be a formality. He loves it out there and is wanting assurances from brands/ca about his role in the squad next season.

I would rather sign one or two real quality players than a squad full of journeymen.
Also. I think Delph should be on the most in cm? Didn’t he also play LB at City?
At RB I think we will sign Sidebe.
At CB we may promote Gibson.
We also have Gordon who will be stepping up.

ld love to see a really quality RM/RAF, the best we can get.

i think the rest of the season will give time to assess the CM situation with Gomes and JPG not having played for Ancelotti yet.

€Where possible, I would rather promote academy players to backup roles than buy. I would prefer to limit the purchases to fewer real quality players.

Positions I think we need? RB, CB, CM, RM. Positions that would be nice? GK, LB.

If we take Ancelotti's 4-4-2 as the blueprint going forward I reckon next season we're in this shape ignoring academy fillers:

GK: Pickford, NEW
CB: Holgate, Mina, Keane, NEW
LB: Digne, NEW
RB: Kenny, NEW
CM: Gomes, JPG, Davies, NEW
LM: Bernard, Iwobi
RM: NEW, Walcott
ST: Kean, DCL, Richy, NEW

Linked with anyone decent so far since Jan? Not a lot.

GK: Cakir
CB: Kumbulla, Gabriel
LB:
RB:
CM: Allan, Tufan, Zielinski
LM: Lozano
RM: Ihattaren(ish)
ST: David

GK: Pickford / Lossl / Virginia
RB: Sidibe / Kenny
CB Holgate / Mina / Gabriel / Kumbulla
LB: Digne / Baines
CM: Gomes /Gbamin / Davies / Delph / New
LM: Iwobi / Bernard
RM: New / Walcott
CF: Richarlison / DCL / Kean

Sidibe
Gabriel
Kumbulla
Centre Mid
Right Mid

Baines for one more season...Gibson off on loan
Delph or even Gabriel to come in if Baines is out
Following season Baines off with Gibson in

Gordon off on loan.

Sidibe + Gabriel + Kumbulla = positions we need and theyre linked.

Centre mid + Right mid = 2 superstars please.

Status
Not open for further replies.