Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willian on a free is the most nailed on Juve signing

Yeah no way we'll go for him but wish we would start bringing in these shrewd type deals.

Since we got investment in us we seem to never look at these types of deals - like Barry he would instantly be one of our better players regardless of his age.

Willian would be a very good signing on a free - he's streets ahead of all of Bernard/Walcott/Iwobi and still has pace.

Give him a 2 year deal which gives us a decent option out wide allowing us to spend elswhere this summer then bring in a more long term option next summer.

....when I’ve watched Willian of late I have concerns about whether the game truly matters at this stage of his career. He’d be on a massive salary and I just think we need to be recruiting players with a real desire to succeed.

....when I’ve watched Willian of late I have concerns about whether the game truly matters at this stage of his career. He’d be on a massive salary and I just think we need to be recruiting players with a real desire to succeed.
I actually thought he was older than31, turns 32 in August. He definitely doesn’t seem the same player the last year or two. From what I’ve seen.

And like you say, it will be a big outlay even on a 2 year deal you could be looking at 25/30 mil. I’d rather use that money better

Yeah no way we'll go for him but wish we would start bringing in these shrewd type deals.

Since we got investment in us we seem to never look at these types of deals - like Barry he would instantly be one of our better players regardless of his age.

Yeah defo, tbf I think Delph was meant to be an attempt at that, albeit for a low fee rather than a free, hopefully it is something we'll look at again but actually get it right this time.

Yes lads lets add a bunch of 30 year olds to a 12th place team that is minimum probably at best two seasons away from having a realistic shot at the CL. Even in the best case those guys are falling off and leaving us holes right when we need them to be good so we can sustain success. Worst case is they fall off before we even get there and we spend the summer of 2022 doing the same crap we are about to do in the summer of 2020.

Willian wants a three year deal. Even if he was to fall off in his third year, that’s the cost you pay for the two years of good quality that he has left in him. He will end up at a top club. He won’t end up at Everton or West Ham.

Meanwhile, Everton and West Ham will be chasing the likes of Iwobi and Bowen, who cost 25 million a go, and never reach the quality of Willian.

Reactions: Ivo
Yeah defo, tbf I think Delph was meant to be an attempt at that, albeit for a low fee rather than a free, hopefully it is something we'll look at again but actually get it right this time.
Barry was 5m though pre-arranged as part of the loan as an option to buy.

Willian wants a three year deal. Even if he was to fall off in his third year, that’s the cost you pay for the two years of good quality that he has left in him. He will end up at a top club. He won’t end up at Everton or West Ham.

Meanwhile, Everton and West Ham will be chasing the likes of Iwobi and Bowen, who cost 25 million a go, and never reach the quality of Willian.

Mate Willian is not that good at all.

He already looks pretty finished, never mind in 2 years time

The key difference is though that the expectation was Iwobi/Bowen would hold a value in 2-3 years time. If you improve them, make them better players you can then make more money from the deal. With transfer fees generally getting higher, you pay to some degree for that option.

The issue is though, with the massive downturn that's coming in the market thats unlikely to happen as easily. The idea players are always worth more will be challenged. In fact it may take 10 years for prices to recover to last seasons level.

I am a big fan of buying the right type of older players. You need to have a manager who can handle the or personality, build tactically bespoke game plans and who may have worked with them previously. If you have that though, it could be a lot cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.