Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, its a choice isnt it...

Gabriel is rated at £30mil. Do you:

A: Go in with a bid of £15-20mil and leave it sitting there all window in the hope no one else comes in with a better offer and more interesting proposal.

B: Do the deal at £25mil now knowing youve landed one of your top targats and can get them prepared for the new season and focus on other positions.

For me as a major target I'd go for him at £25mil.

My view is that he'll be in the full Brazil squad before long, we need a left footed centre back and these values will be back to normal in 1-2 years anyway.

I agree. We obviously don't want to pay over the odds, but getting a cheaper player who isn't your first choice is a false economy. If Brands and Ancelotti are convinced he's the right player, just get him. Better to pay too much than be stuck with a player you didn't want that much and who won't left the quality of the squad as much.

He has something about him but what I fear is that he's not going to be good enough in and around the box to be a forward nor is he going to be good enough without the ball to play central midfield. He's got good passing ability but without something else he will kind of be lost in the shuffle.
Agreed, I think he’s more effective at attacking mid than on the wing, which is a problem if we’re going to continue with this formation

Another Rude Boi / Schneiderlin / Niasse who will leech us dry until the contract expires
That is unfair on Tosun.
He got a bad injury which is hardly his fault. He made a decent start at Palace and clearly wants to prove himself in the Premiership. There is no indication that he wants to just sit on his contract until it runs out.
I think he has a good attitude and is a decent striker, if he had stayed fit I think there would have been takers for him and will be again when he regains fitness.

That is unfair on Tosun.
He got a bad injury which is hardly his fault. He made a decent start at Palace and clearly wants to prove himself in the Premiership. There is no indication that he wants to just sit on his contract until it runs out.
I think he has a good attitude and is a decent striker, if he had stayed fit I think there would have been takers for him and will be again when he regains fitness.

....in the latest quotes he says he’s got two years left in his contract and intends to prove himself at Everton although he might have to go on loan.

From an ability perspective, i think he’s very ordinary. From a physicality perspective he’s very ordinary. From an attitude perspective, he runs around but I can’t forget the critical penalty shoot-out miss against Leicester when he spent more time congratulating Pickford than concentrating on getting his penalty converted. It was an appalling effort from a professional striker.

not after we sign James a they won’t

Militao
Vinicius
Rodrygo
Reinier

Thats 4 Brazilians...so they may send Reinier out on loan which makes 3.

Vinicius and Rodrygo are only 19 so its possible they may go on loan...

Militao only started 10 games with 2 more as sub.

Could be an opportunity for a loan/sale with someone there?

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this already (can't be bothered searching), however what is the likelihood that the transfer window may be extended?

There's not guarantee that all leagues will be starting in their usual time, so could this potentially require the transfer window to be open for a longer period?

Not sure if this counts as a shameless plug or not

Here is an article looking at who we could buy this summer that I helped write for The Athletic.

If you don't subscribe this will take you to a discussion of it https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/mrkt-insights/id1511725560?i=1000475360936

That is unfair on Tosun.
Think he is a decent finisher when he gets the opportunity. We have no one who can create for him. But he has a total lack of pace which is this league is do crucial. So if an offer did come in get rid

....in the latest quotes he says he’s got two years left in his contract and intends to prove himself at Everton although he might have to go on loan.

From an ability perspective, i think he’s very ordinary. From a physicality perspective he’s very ordinary. From an attitude perspective, he runs around but I can’t forget the critical penalty shoot-out miss against Leicester when he spent more time congratulating Pickford than concentrating on getting his penalty converted. It was an appalling effort from a professional striker.

Very ordinary indeed. However it's a bit dramatic to label him based off a penalty miss. Penalties get missed, they just do. Richarlison missed a penalty doing a stupid run up last season, not held against him is it now?.

Cenk is a very, very average player, he does have a good strike on him but he's way to slow with his feet on the ball and too slow movement too.

both played over 25 games this season. Can’t see them going anywhere tbh

I have:

Reinier -- new player
Militao -- 10 starts + 2 sub (2 games since mid jan)
Rodrygo -- 11 starts + 6 sub (2 games since mid jan)
Vinicius -- 12 starts + 15 sub (9 games since mid jan)

They need to remove one on loan/sale as it is + if they want to sign another non-EU player they have to shift two players.

Not sure if this counts as a shameless plug or not

Here is an article looking at who we could buy this summer that I helped write for The Athletic.

If you don't subscribe this will take you to a discussion of it https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/mrkt-insights/id1511725560?i=1000475360936

footballers aren’t bought on stats solely though are they?

Not discrediting What you do and you clearly are very successful but how about adaptation to the league?

We need winners not just players who look good on a graph.

Iwobi is one of them, would you have him in trenches, but he does pass the ball into the box more than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.