Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kean swap for Under

That would be terrible business.

....to this point in time, Kean has been very ineffective. Under is only 22 and played 67 times for Roma, scoring 13 as well as representing Turkey 20 times, scoring 6.

I’m not sure about Under, but it wouldn’t take much for him to be an improvement on Kean. Kean is all about potential, there seems little signs of him realising it here.

Loan deals might be the way to go.

Last edited:
Iwobi's price was about the going rate for 23 year olds who have already played 100 or so PL games and have shown a decent amount of promise. I mean look at what Solanke went for as an example and that was on less appearances and less promise.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't have looked abroad, but then people like to bang on about how the PL is different and we need players with that experience too. Kind of a lose lose.

I think another factor in the Iwobi fee was that his wage is relatively very low. Players like Walcott and Tosun who came in for lower fees will end up costing considerably more.

I’ve said it a couple of times now but I’m not writing Iwobi off at all just yet. In fact, in the same way I was with DCL, I’m very confident he’ll come good and I think he’ll be involved a lot this year.

I also wouldn’t entertain selling Kean at all. I’m really excited by him and I think he’s shown more than enough potential in his first season to show he’s going to be a top player in the future. He’s still very young and IMO, he’s going to be very good.

Time will prove that we’re in a great position to have him, DCL and Richarlison on our books right now.

....Cenk Tosun quoted as saying he has two years left on his contract and wants to ‘prove himself at a Everton’. It looks like another loan is the best we can hope for in the short-term.

His injury was the worst thing that could have happened, think Palace had an option to make the deal permanent didnt they? Doubt they'll take it up now

His injury was the worst thing that could have happened, think Palace had an option to make the deal permanent didnt they? Doubt they'll take it up now

...absolutely. Palace had an option to buy but it looks like that ship has sailed. My reading of the situation is that Tosun will now run his contract down with a couple of loan spells.

Iwobi was a panick buy
...absolutely. Palace had an option to buy but it looks like that ship has sailed. My reading of the situation is that Tosun will now run his contract down with a couple of loan spells.
This is what happens when you pay big money for mediocre players, they know they will never get that sort of money again and leave on a free, so they can get a massive signing on bonus with their next club. Walcott bolaise siggurdson will look to do the same unless they can get decent money with their next club

We had to loan out Ashley Williams for free when he had 1 year left on his contract, not even a measly 50k bid.

....to this point in time, Kean has been very ineffective. Under is only 22 and played 67 times for Roma, scoring 13 as well as representing Turkey 20 times, scoring 6.

I’m not sure about Under, but it wouldn’t take much for him to be an improvement on Kean. Kean is all about potential, there seems little signs of him realising it here.

Loan deals might be the way to go.

Under is made of balsa wood...injury prone.

Another Rude Boi / Schneiderlin / Niasse who will leech us dry until the contract expires

Status
Not open for further replies.