Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets get this right for a moment.

He isn't third choice because of ability, Any spurs fan will tell you he is quite comfortably above hart in terms of playing ability.

Spurs had 11 clean sheets last season, Gazzaniga is responsible for 6 of those.

Why he may have to leave is because at this moment in time spurs have too many foreign players for the new regulations, So he is someone they would get rid of.

That does not mean he is a bad player, just an expendable one.

Nigel Martyn was also third choice for leeds when he signed for us, Not to directly compare the two but there are reasons beyond playing ability for those circumstances.
Most Spurs fans will also tell you he isn't good enough to be first choice for them though. So if we're trusting what they say, why would he be good enough to be first choice for us?

Are either of them an upgrade on Lossl - I honestly don’t know? If they’re not what’s the point anyway?
Lossl is really bad too. I would have liked to see him given a chance, but he was bad that year he was the primary Huddersfield keeper. It isn't hugely shocking that he hasn't gotten a shot.

Most Spurs fans will also tell you he isn't good enough to be first choice for them though. So if we're trusting what they say, why would he be good enough to be first choice for us?
Because if he is the one we choose we have to trust the manager and the DoF, i think they've earned that.

I do not believe he is a world beater, but do i think if given a run of games he could be consistent and a better option than pickford, Yes, i do.

Do i also think he can be improved and become a better keeper, yeah i do too.

I think he is a decent level premier league goalkeeper, And i think a decent level premier league goalkeeper who may make the ODD mistake but in general be consistent can be the difference between europe or not.

Anyway he may not even end up here, I just don't think people should be gutted if he does, since he really is decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.