Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I must admit I'd be surprised if we made this deal. A CB converted to a RB who could play in midfield. Looks very powerful. However just seems like an alternative to Godfrey, I'm not sure why we would sign both?

I'd agree - surely if we are looking for a right back we would want someone who would fit the system we currently play? We would be looking at a dynamic right back who can cross the ball and get up and down

I'd agree - surely if we are looking for a right back we would want someone who would fit the system we currently play? We would be looking at a dynamic right back who can cross the ball and get up and down

Youd think so. One cavaet again (and I know I like to throw them in) but Ancelotti seems to like Asymmetrical systems and the like. With James playing in front of the right back, he nees to be a proper defender, which this lad is. You can then sort of give James a free role.

With the window closing Monday and most players away on international duty I would say Sat Sun will be busy
One reason the Godfrey transfer was wrapped ,because Marcel has a busy weekend ahead of him
Imagine poor Godfrey arriving at training Monday and seeing
Bolaise
Sandro
Pennington
Connolly
Davies
Delph etc

There doesn't seem to be any sort of rumours with most of them though. I mean quite a few on that list, if I'm honest I think will go after the deadline to the championship. I also think, unless we got a good offer we have have to reluctantly keep Delph.

There's always jan too, both of those will be in the last 6 months of their contracts, which probably doesn't make much difference because we're hardly going to be asking for big fees anyway. But walcott will be more attractive to a team down the bottom.

I think for most of the guys who are in the final year, they will just go on loan, becuase they are on big money with us, which they won't get from a new team, so we will be paying part of their wages and the club their loaned to will pay part of the wages, until their contracts expire

With the window closing Monday and most players away on international duty I would say Sat Sun will be busy
One reason the Godfrey transfer was wrapped ,because Marcel has a busy weekend ahead of him
Imagine poor Godfrey arriving at training Monday and seeing
Bolaise
Sandro
Pennington
Connolly
Davies
Delph etc
Of that list, realistically I only see Sandro, Penno, Conno going out plus Besic and another U-23 player. It'd be nice to shift more, but it's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.