Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing this argument that Brands is doing fine because we might be able to make the money we spent back if we sold the players he signed. Isn't the role of a director of football to improve the performances and successes of the club? Clearly we don't want to waste money on players but we're not trading on the stock market we're trying to win football matches. Director of football not financial director.
Brands is the DOF not the manager or coach.
Few if any of his signings are complete write offs and some are doing well in spite of the team generally struggling would suggest he is getting his side of team affairs so way right.

One of the things that sickens me the most is Bolasie, fully aware he's not wanted at the club, being fully prepared to potentially forfeit the rest of his career by seeing out his contract instead of actively seeking to join a new club on a longer-term contract.

Yes he may be gifted 70k a week for nothing this season, but if he's not playing he becomes an even more (as if it's even possible) unattractive prospect for a new club, whereas he could go and sign a three-year-deal somewhere for 30k a week and maintain a career and end up even richer for it.

It's not like we're going to be demeanding actual money off anybody. And even if we are, it'd be a nominal fee at best. I reckon we've even offered him a mutual termination and he's rejected it.

He has been playing the last couple of seasons...

The concerning thing is that nobody is even being liked to our deadwood.... Why don't we have agents out there creating fake links etc to generate hype and bidding wars?? Come on get a move on!
It's astounding to me to an extent. Not that we've spent so much money but that we will pretty much get just about nothing for any of them.

The concerning thing is that nobody is even being liked to our deadwood.... Why don't we have agents out there creating fake links etc to generate hype and bidding wars?? Come on get a move on!

Im just hoping we have sales in the pipeline and are waiting for players to come in before letting certain ones go i.e.

Signing Arias before letting Kenny go

Signing Allan/Doucoure before letting Delph and/or Davies go

I think Sandro, Besic & Bolasie will be the tough ones to get rid of but thankfully all 3 are gone next summer anyway when their contracts expire.

Im just hoping we have sales in the pipeline and are waiting for players to come in before letting certain ones go i.e.

Signing Arias before letting Kenny go

Signing Allan/Doucoure before letting Delph and/or Davies go

I think Sandro, Besic & Bolasie will be the tough ones to get rid of but thankfully all 3 are gone next summer anyway when their contracts expire.

Besic I reckon we’ll get £3-4m from a Championship side for.
Hell find a place.

why would Sandro or Bolasie want to Leave?Do nothing become a millionaire.

Besic I reckon we’ll get £3-4m from a Championship side for.
Hell find a place.

why would Sandro or Bolasie want to Leave?Do nothing become a millionaire.

I don’t think Besic will go for quite so much with him only having a year on his contract, I do agree that he will leave tho.

So will Sandro and Bolasie. They are already millionaires but both will want to prolong their football careers and they would surely want to avoid being cast out in the Everton reserves for the next year. Surely they’d want to play for a deal somewhere else, or possibly even sort out their next contract this summer.

The problem for them and for us is finding someone that will take them on.

Sad as it might sound, I think Besic is one of our better midfielders.

Guess Carlo can take a look, but Sheffield Utd weren’t keen last year, and their midfield, despite being 100% committed isn’t exactly the most skilful, yet he only got a couple of league cup games I think.

Don’t think he’s up to scratch... somehow

I don’t think Besic will go for quite so much with him only having a year on his contract, I do agree that he will leave tho.

So will Sandro and Bolasie. They are already millionaires but both will want to prolong their football careers and they would surely want to avoid being cast out in the Everton reserves for the next year. Surely they’d want to play for a deal somewhere else, or possibly even sort out their next contract this summer.

The problem for them and for us is finding someone that will take them on.

Bolasie will go back to palace eventually I reckon.

Fact is, we’ve given him stupid wages and as we’ve seen with Sporting and Anderlecht, teams want to take a punt on him.

But if he’s unwilling to budge and we’re holding out for a fee (even as low as £5m), we’ll come unstuck.

Same for Sandro, every time you looked at Valladolid twitter feed they were all full of praise for him. Loved his work ethic and desire, sounds to me like he’ll get a job at a bottom end Primera League Team when he leaves, but why rush? £120k a week he’s on isnt he?

Few if any of his signings are complete write offs and some are doing well in spite of the team generally struggling would suggest he is getting his side of team affairs so way right.
Hello, is that you Marcel :bye:

Mate, since Brands has joined us we have become a worse side. That is not just my opinion, we have just recorded our lowest league placing in years. He is in charge of the footballing side of the business. If the side are not performing then that is his failing.
What I am prepared to concede is that two years is not enough time to turn the club around which is why I am not advocating replacing Brands but I also wouldn't say he is getting it "way right" as you put it, nor would I renew his contract. If he doesn't get the squad right in this window he, and us as a club, are in big trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.