Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't hack Evertonians no more, wanting Robinson back, OMG.

If he wasnt previously here and we were just linked for £1.5-£2 mill then people would be saying worth a chance, not a gamble at that price etc. Just because he was here before doesnt change that.

We need a backup LB, its not an area we can afford tonspend ££ on as we have a quality starter and the youngster we bought isnt ready. Other areas are a priority

Wouldn’t have to be a traditional buy back at a set price. Why not a “right of first refusal” clause or something of the like?

We may have a first refusal but didnt know what Baines was doing so passed at first - or maybe getting quoted ridiculous prices for other players. Also as its the administartors selling im not sure if this would have mattered.

Every penny we have needs to go towards quality CM's and a RM so if signing him for £1.5mill lets us spend more in those areas im happy.

Jedi has vast experience at Championship level with Bolton and Wigan and to be honest with ourselves, he should have been given a chance but Baines and Digne ahead of him is a tough ask.

He is in a similar situation to Coleman with experienced players ahead of him, he went on loan to Blackpool and forced his way in.

With Baines gone and the state of the fixture pileup we will be playing next season, I think getting him back to put pressure on Digne and stake a claim for himself for £2m is a very good deal.

He was potentially a £10m player in January so it's a no brainer.

...yep, I liked Dowell and watched him lots coming through. In my opinion, he shouldn’t have gone on loan to Forest. At that time, we were struggling on the right side and ended up with Kenny and Lennon. It was an opportunity to play Dowell as he already had an established partnership with Kenny, plus he offered much more threat than Lennon.

It was short-sighted of Walsh to send him out. Its so often right time, right place with these youngsters and Dowell was never able to grasp the limited opportunity he subsequently had. I have no issues with what happened.

I know you’re not comparing and you are talking about specific types, but believe me Young was different gravy.
Koeman didn't play him; what was Walsh to do? The lad stated at the time he was desperate for games, so it was the only way.

He had a very good pre-season, but Koemageddon wanted him nowhere near the first team.

If he wasnt previously here and we were just linked for £1.5-£2 mill then people would be saying worth a chance, not a gamble at that price etc. Just because he was here before doesnt change that.

We need a backup LB, its not an area we can afford tonspend ££ on as we have a quality starter and the youngster we bought isnt ready. Other areas are a priority

We may have a first refusal but didnt know what Baines was doing so passed at first - or maybe getting quoted ridiculous prices for other players. Also as its the administartors selling im not sure if this would have mattered.

Every penny we have needs to go towards quality CM's and a RM so if signing him for £1.5mill lets us spend more in those areas im happy.

I will be as critical as the next person re Robinson, but if the club brought him back for a couple of million it would be smart business. We should have buy back clauses on all the young players we move on (or most to championship teams).

He wasn't quite good enough before, we had Baines in the way. He goes to Wigan, gets 50+ games, kicks on and improves. Probably focusses more than he may have done if it was the never ending cycle of loans.

We then pay Wigan what we intiially recieved a couple of years ago, to take him back, an improved and more confident player.

In reality, his wages will probably be a couple of million less than Baines per/a as well and he's an improving player. So I have no issue with this.

Koeman didn't play him; what was Walsh to do? The lad stated at the time he was desperate for games, so it was the only way.

He had a very good pre-season, but Koemageddon wanted him nowhere near the first team.

I think we all know though, Walsh had never little influence over proceedings. A DOF is meant to oversee football decisions, and he should have made it clear to the manager, if the plan is to bed in and play younger guys he is to stay and play.

There is also a question in this, of was it sensible for us to move him on this summer? He's done very well at Wigan.

I think we all know though, Walsh had never little influence over proceedings. A DOF is meant to oversee football decisions, and he should have made it clear to the manager, if the plan is to bed in and play younger guys he is to stay and play.

There is also a question in this, of was it sensible for us to move him on this summer? He's done very well at Wigan.
Walsh (a head scout and no more than that) was THE very worst person as DoF when a colossal spanner like Koeman turned up. Koeman needed handling and given parameters on spending.

I can see why we would try to sign Robinson.
What is not so clear is if Robinson would come back to us.
However, if he does want to get back to the Premiership he will probably have to accept joining as a back up at first.
He will not be first choice at Sherfield Utd either.

At the moment it can only be regarded as just another of the dozens of rumours about our transfer activity

Surprised about the opposition to Robinson, it’s a no brainer for me at that price. Pretty much a free transfer when you take into account Baines wages.

I have got to say that I am surprised by some of the links since the window opened.

We seem to be linked with a lot of players in positions that I would consider not a priority (our whole squad needs an overhaul but 1 step at a time).

In order of priority for me, I would say:

1. Centre Mid - Ideally 2 of them but 1 minimum.
2. Winger - Bernard/Walcott/Iwobi just are not creative enough so we need someone who we can rely on.
3. Right Back - Seamus has seen better days now and its not like his "captaincy" has led to the players showing commitment.
4. Centre Back - While we might be linked with Gabriel heavily. I would rather us spend money on the first three positions above and go with Holgate/Mina/Keane next season.

If i had my way in each of these positions, I would go with:

1. Centre Mid - Sangare and/or Allan
2. Winger - Ryan Fraser - Perhaps not the most exciting, the free transfer makes it a good way of us balancing the books.
3. Right Back - Max Aarons - A really good, young prospect for me who we might be able to get cheaper than you'd expect given Norwich's relegation.
4. (If we get that far) Centre Back - I'd be looking at the loan market for this one as I'd hope we'd spend significant money to vastly improve the top 3 positions - I'd be looking at Todibo or Zouma on loan with an option to buy next summer.

I think this is do or die for Marcel Brands for his career at Everton as I am not convinced by him at all so far.
Ryan Fraser Lol
Luckily the club have said we aren’t interested, you said Walcot, iwobi Abd Bernard arent creative enough, but then suggest Fraser

If we only bought Aarons, sangare Abd Fraser we wouid be 12th again next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.