Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop selling Keane please. He's our best CB for the deeper set up that it looks like Ancelotti intends to play.

You don't really know how Carlo is going to set up with a squad full of his players though.

Think he's had to play the way he has recently because our squad is so bad and he's trying to keep us from getting battered every game.

Would sell Keane in a heartbeat if we could get another cb in.

So with Digne first choice, I take it Robinson would be the backup/placeholder until Nkounkou is ready to be first choice?

His agent stated when he signed that he moved here for a clear pathway and more chance of minutes. Plus, part of the reason they rejected Marseille’s contract was that he was asked to go out on loan.

Not sure if it’s true but probably worth a go for £2m, not sure why we sold him in the first place.

Stop selling Keane please. He's our best CB for the deeper set up that it looks like Ancelotti intends to play.

Can't help but feel that deeper system was forced upon him. Keane and Mina are too similar for me, Mina is probably a bit better on the ball but is a sick note, so I defo reckon we should punt one of them and bring in a more athletic and pacey CB ala Distin/Zouma who allows us to play higher up the pitch. Think Carlo will still have us sit deep in certain games, away to the better teams for example. But yeah we need a different type of CB in the squad and as Keane and Mina are very similar I'd try and move one of them on to raise funds.

It might forward planning. Those defending Brands (and I’m not one of them) say his model is buy low and sell high. We can’t sell Richarlison but Digne is an asset that can be replaced and can bring in massive profit. Get Antonee Robinson in now and send Nkounkou out on loan and if a sizeable bid for Digne comes in next summer and the club feel these two have progressed enough we’ve filled that void for minimal cost.

Robinson back for £2m would be a no brainer for me. Nkounkou has barely played football so nobody knows how good he actually is, and Robinson is home grown.

It's the down side of failing to get Europa once again. Players like Robinson would play plenty of minutes in the season if we had Europe, but because it's only league games it's Digne playing every minute (and rightfully so).

Why do people want Robinson back, he couldn't make the bench and he just played for a team relegated from the Championship(albeit harshly). I'm not sure he is of the required level, that is why we let him go. I can't see what he has done this season to warrant being bought back. Sentimentality? He's not good enough.

It's like our fans don't want us to improve. Deemed not good enough to replace baines, so we sold him, now you want us to buy him to replace baines. Everyone forgotten about the dodgy knees which made Milan pull out?

Status
Not open for further replies.