Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was baffled why we never put a buyback in the Robinson deal to start with

Buyback probably be more expensive. A quality Championship fullback with lots of games under his belt and wanted by Milan, available for £1.5 - £2mill is an absolute steal. We need backup and the new lad is younger and inexperienced. To fill a need in the team thar cheap is a no brainer.

Lets face it, if he doesnt make the grade or we want to sell in 1-2 years, he will be worth at least double what we pay so makes good business sense too.

giphy.gif

Hjojberg to Spurs means it's time for our first count-up this weekend.

Buyback probably be more expensive. A quality Championship fullback with lots of games under his belt and wanted by Milan, available for £1.5 - £2mill is an absolute steal. We need backup and the new lad is younger and inexperienced. To fill a need in the team thar cheap is a no brainer.

Lets face it, if he doesnt make the grade or we want to sell in 1-2 years, he will be worth at least double what we pay so makes good business sense too.

Yeah any buyback would have been for more than the 2m we sold him for and for the 2m he's available for now.

But most of all Myers is a wham chatting hyper ferret.

2m for a very decent back up left back, already knows the club and would easily fetch the money back if didn't work out, most of all he's not an overpaid jerk like most of the squad.

Would be all over sangare as well seen him linked.

He's actually a real good player. I hope we get him.
He’s decent. I’m less concerned about him coming in as Dignes backup and more concerned about why we sold him rather than loaning in the first place if we were going to try and buy him back a year later. And if that was the plan, did we not insert a buyback clause?

I have got to say that I am surprised by some of the links since the window opened.

We seem to be linked with a lot of players in positions that I would consider not a priority (our whole squad needs an overhaul but 1 step at a time).

In order of priority for me, I would say:

1. Centre Mid - Ideally 2 of them but 1 minimum.
2. Winger - Bernard/Walcott/Iwobi just are not creative enough so we need someone who we can rely on.
3. Right Back - Seamus has seen better days now and its not like his "captaincy" has led to the players showing commitment.
4. Centre Back - While we might be linked with Gabriel heavily. I would rather us spend money on the first three positions above and go with Holgate/Mina/Keane next season.

If i had my way in each of these positions, I would go with:

1. Centre Mid - Sangare and/or Allan
2. Winger - Ryan Fraser - Perhaps not the most exciting, the free transfer makes it a good way of us balancing the books.
3. Right Back - Max Aarons - A really good, young prospect for me who we might be able to get cheaper than you'd expect given Norwich's relegation.
4. (If we get that far) Centre Back - I'd be looking at the loan market for this one as I'd hope we'd spend significant money to vastly improve the top 3 positions - I'd be looking at Todibo or Zouma on loan with an option to buy next summer.

I think this is do or die for Marcel Brands for his career at Everton as I am not convinced by him at all so far.

Wouldn’t have to be a traditional buy back at a set price. Why not a “right of first refusal” clause or something of the like?

Status
Not open for further replies.