Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that link to the Dutch midfielder with the mad name jarg? Seem to recall he was relatively cheap and had a buzz about him in Holland (don’t vault me with Klaasan memories)

Links with Jhon Cordoba yesterday, a Colombian striker from FC Koln, valued at around 10 million euros, Leeds and West Brom also linked, Wolves were apparently interested earlier in the window. If we sell Tosun, I could see us buying another CF as I think we need 4 strikers when playing 442.

I would imagine if he came to us he would be 4th choice where as Leeds and West Brom he would be first or second choice. Tosun has been linked with West Brom today for a similar price £10m

It's a NO from me.He can't even spell his first name correctly FFS

Because it only evokes bad memories....

The Kopites pishing on our parade about 2 weeks after we finished 4th.

Then that corrupt dosser Collina ensuring we were knocked out before the competition even started.

Sad that it has to be that way but those are the prevailing memories i have of us finishing 4th that year
Not to mention getting destroyed by Arsenal 7-0 at the end of that season which brought us back down to earth with a bump.

I'll tell ya what's depressing... Spending 450 million,going backwards,1 embarrassing Europa showing and having a squad not worth one carrot you slapnut.
Get back to your 7th DVD. You Kenwright loving happy clapper

I’d take the last 4yrs every day over the previous 20. Finally an Owner that doesn’t lie and put his money where his mouth. And finally getTing a top class ground. The previous owner couldn’t get us a Tin shed

Was that link to the Dutch midfielder with the mad name jarg? Seem to recall he was relatively cheap and had a buzz about him in Holland (don’t vault me with Klaasan memories)
I guess you mean Koopmeiners? i think he would be a really good shout for us, he is a defensive minded player but has good passing ability and can score a few goals and still only 20.

Not to mention getting destroyed by Arsenal 7-0 at the end of that season which brought us back down to earth with a bump.

That result genuinely didn't really bother me tho....the season was over by then and we'd already guaranteed 4th. We knew (thought) better days were soon to come.

After being knocked out by Villareal (Collina), its been all downhill since :(

I remember that game... I don't think the players were even sober that day.
It was just after finishing fourth, the result was disappointing but meant nothing.
That team depended on workrate and organisation. They had neither that day.

That result genuinely didn't really bother me tho....the season was over by then and we'd already guaranteed 4th. We knew (thought) better days were soon to come.

After being knocked out by Villareal (Collina), its been all downhill since :(
Maybe.
But when you’d travelled down there in good spirits it was a hefty boot to the nether regions and brutal dose of reality

Really??

That is baffling. The last 4 years have been abysmal
Yes,but down to bad choices not lack of investment
Like he said ,we have a chairman who actually puts money into the club and will deliver a top new ground. If things had gone our way, we could have been flying these last three years where as the last twenty we just punched above our weight

True, but we had no future under Kenwright.

We couldn’t go anywhere, he’s the worst thing to happen to this club, he changed the mentality for the worse

But on the pitch the performance was ten times better under Moyes / Kenwright than it has been in the last 4 years.

I get what you're saying, now theoretically we have the potential to progress, but at the moment thats all theoretical, in practice we haven't made any progress in the last 4 years, in fact we've gone backwards and wasted large sums of money which has prevented us from now taking that next step

Status
Not open for further replies.