Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,but down to bad choices not lack of investment
Like he said ,we have a chairman who actually puts money into the club and will deliver a top new ground. If things had gone our way, we could have been flying these last three years where as the last twenty we just punched above our weight

But would you rather punch above your weight finishing in the top 7 every season.

Or spend loads of money and 'have ambition' but finish in the bottom half?

I get your point like, but if anything the last 4 years have been a lesson on how NOT to invest as opposed to being something we should be praising them for

Yes could be the January I was thinking about. I think We got an injured manny Fernandes back. And he was nowhere near fit.

Portsmouth bought Defoe and a midfielder his name escapes me. Maybe from Chelsea. Sold him to Madrid I think. They win the FA cup and sold both on for big profits.

Kenwright was never forward thinking enough
Lassana Diarra £20m. Think they sold Defoe, Crouch, Krankjar for big money to spurs to also balance their books, yet they were still in the crapper.

Get back to your 7th DVD. You Kenwright loving happy clapper

I’d take the last 4yrs every day over the previous 20. Finally an Owner that doesn’t lie and put his money where his mouth. And finally getTing a top class ground. The previous owner couldn’t get us a Tin shed
For start it was 4th place, secondly I don't like Kenwright, Thirdly this was a debate about transfers, Fourthly take your gripe with Kenwright to the owners thread,Fifthly your a Burk.

You must have a completely different recollection of life before Kenwright than I do.

I don’t at all I know about Johnson, he didn’t change the mentality of this club not too sure you realise how the culture at this club is to blame for our mess now.

Moshiri biggest job was to change the culture he’s not managed to do that yet though, as he seems too passive.

I’m obviously on about ambition. Keep up
Moshiri has made mistakes we all know that.
but at least he’s trying to move the club forward.

would we have attracted an Ancelotti before Moshiri

I'm not here to bash Moshiri or Kenwright like.

Just found it a very strange comment to say the last 4 years were better than the previous 20......

I understand your point about the ambition, but what is the use in ambition if it fails in the practice every time?

Agreed we wouldn't have Carlo without Mosh tho, so fingers crossed he can start to deliver on the promise and the next 4 years will be better than the previous 4

Daniel Sturridge wants to return to the Premier League...

:pint2:
1597145409710.jpeg

Lassana Diarra £20m. Think they sold Defoe, Crouch, Krankjar for big money to spurs to also balance their books, yet they were still in the crapper.
Yes I know that eventually They went down and lost a lot of money. My point was had we bought Defoe and diarra maybe we could have got champions league that season and kicked on.

I'm not here to bash Moshiri or Kenwright like.

Just found it a very strange comment to say the last 4 years were better than the previous 20......

I understand your point about the ambition, but what is the use in ambition if it fails in the practice every time?

Agreed we wouldn't have Carlo without Mosh tho, so fingers crossed he can start to deliver on the promise and the next 4 years will be better than the previous 4
fair enough

I didn’t actually say they were better, just that I would take them over the previous 20.

But on the pitch the performance was ten times better under Moyes / Kenwright than it has been in the last 4 years.

I get what you're saying, now theoretically we have the potential to progress, but at the moment thats all theoretical, in practice we haven't made any progress in the last 4 years, in fact we've gone backwards and wasted large sums of money which has prevented us from now taking that next step
I don't understand the insistence by some to blame Bill Kenwright for everything wrong with Everton including the last four years when he hasn't even been in control of the club.

There is no doubt that we have gone backwards in the last four seasons under Moshiri, our finishing positions in the league are proof of this.
I think it has all come down to making the wrong managerial appointments in Koeman and Marco Silva in particular.
Hopefully that has now been rectified.

Status
Not open for further replies.