Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
but we did finish 4th. How is that depressing?

Because it only evokes bad memories....

The Kopites pishing on our parade about 2 weeks after we finished 4th.

Then that corrupt dosser Collina ensuring we were knocked out before the competition even started.

Sad that it has to be that way but those are the prevailing memories i have of us finishing 4th that year

but we did finish 4th. How is that depressing?
Was talking about the whole thing, not a one off season. That we didn’t kick on from. Out of both European competitions before Christmas. And finished 11th the following season.

we were always 2/3 players away from kicking on.
every summer was like ground hog day. That was I was taking about

Then that corrupt dosser Collina ensuring we were knocked out before the competition even started.

Sad that it has to be that way but those are the prevailing memories i have of us finishing 4th that year

There’s still pride that year thinking we was done for, relegation was going to happen.

We literally ignored the journos and played some of the best football I’ve seen.

That Villa away performance, being only 15 I hadn’t see anything like that before in a blue shirt.

Other than two seasons since we have just existed.

Was talking about the whole thing, not a one off season. That we didn’t kick on from. Out of both European competitions before Christmas. And finished 11th the following season.

we were always 2/3 players away from kicking on.
every summer was like ground hog day. That was I was taking about

Thibk it was 07/08 superb position to get 4th again didn’t sign anyone to push us on in the Jan.

Failed opportunities due to our charlatan of a chairman

Then getting smashed by Bucharest.

Can't believe a word the Turkish press says, however, if we could shift Tosun on for £10m this Summer that would be incredible.
It would be a miracle. If we do, I might have a cheeky treble on us winning the Champions' League, The Grand National and the Eurovision Song Contest next year.

Never rated him myself, but can see the appeal for some teams.

Has a very decent pedigree and will be available for a decent price.

£10-£15m in todays market is a bargain and I know 99% of Everton fans will think the same if there's any other club directors reviewing this fine forum.

He'd be fine for about five or six teams who would play two up front, he's a good finisher and i think he'd be good in a few European leagues. I wouldn't call him a flop here, he was just a bad signing...i think none of our fans were under any allusions as to how this would turn out either. He's not poor, just not good enough for us. £15m would be acceptable imo.

Then getting smashed by Bucharest.

God I had forgotten about that.

That was just the final kick in the balls.

From thinking we were about to be back in the big time to getting trounced by Bucharest and dumped out of Europe completely in a matter of weeks

Thibk it was 07/08 superb position to get 4th again didn’t sign anyone to push us on in the Jan.

Failed opportunities due to our charlatan of a chairman
Yes could be the January I was thinking about. I think We got an injured manny Fernandes back. And he was nowhere near fit.

Portsmouth bought Defoe and a midfielder his name escapes me. Maybe from Chelsea. Sold him to Madrid I think. They win the FA cup and sold both on for big profits.

Kenwright was never forward thinking enough

Status
Not open for further replies.