Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

But Dalot has failed at a club that is a shadow of what it was a decade ago.
I want the very best players. Players I would pay money to watch. That hasn't been the case here since 08/09 when we went so, so close. Even attending games in 2013 under Roberto I didn't think we would win stuff. I really need that feeling back. Like in the mid 80's and under Joe Royle.
It has been far, far too long and I am bored of being fodder.

Just out of curiosity, who are you honestly expecting us to sign?

Interms of Willian, don’t get me wrong I would not pay a fee for him he’s 32 this week, but on a free transfer I would absolutely take him, 100k a week? Isn’t Sigurdsson on that.

Not that it matters because he’s arsenal bound

100k a week on a free is a no brainer. 15m in wages and whatever the agent and signing on fee are ... probably not that high if he’s getting the 3 years he wants. 7m? So 23m ish for 3 years of top quality RW play??? Is a bargain and that’s evenbefore you take into account he’d be on less that Walcott , siggy , Sandro and only 25k more than bolasie

100k a week on a free is a no brainer. 15m in wages and whatever the agent and signing on fee are ... probably not that high if he’s getting the 3 years he wants. 7m? So 23m ish for 3 years of top quality RW play??? Is a bargain and that’s evenbefore you take into account he’d be on less that Walcott , siggy , Sandro and only 25k more than bolasie
He’s going to Arsenal isn’t he?

> Umtiti is available on loan
> Draxler didn’t play this year, he needs a new challenge. Still young.
> Torreira is on the transfer list

Come on Marcel, make some clever business

I swear there was more transfer activity and rumours during the actual lockdown than there is now that the window is open.

It's always the way though. Deals need to happen to free up money and squad spaces that allow other deals to happen. Plus, there are so many moving parts in a football transfer that they inevitably take time.

The Athletic had a good interview with Martinez about last summer where he said it was frustrating to have to wait to commit to signings until wage budget had been freed up by moving on others. You can put all the preliminaries in place, you can agree terms and fees but if you're going to break the budget or kill your FFP calculation, you can't pull the trigger until you have somebody out the door. This is why the likes of Sandro and Bolasie must turn Brands' hair grey.

GONNA TAKE DALOT TO TAKE ME AWAAAAY FROM YOUUU!

THERES NOTHING THAT A HUNDRED MILLION POUNDS COULD EVER DOOOOOO

C2A14EC4-632A-4205-BC9C-C3BE76CF524B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.