Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 million pound with three seasons left on his contract. They obviously really rate him, which is why they are holding out for so much money.

Plenty of players don’t work out at one club. It do for another. It covers both LB and RB and he looks as though he can cross a ball which is an immediate improvement.

not a ground breaking signing, but could be a smart one.
United didn’t rate Lukaku by that logic and yet he’s he’s just hit 30 in a season

How does it? You asked me for an example, I gave it.

Obviously winning the league was not in their plan but they used it to push on, sold some of their better players and reinvested the money made in the short term from additional league placing money, and being in Europe to the point where they are now a solid premier league side as opposed to a yo-yo club.

Again though you are acting like I am saying we must sign all the aging players, I am not saying that at all. If you get everything else right by having a good core of younger players and some in their peak then you can afford to bring in an elder player for a short term boost. Ibrahimovic was another one who came in and did a good job for example.
Surely you can see how using the most improbable thing ever as proof isn't actually a good thing for the strength of your point.

Yep, same reason Hull held out for a massive 8m from the rs for the best left back the world has ever seen.

He is pretty good tbf, and worth more than 8m.

You think that Manchester United are currently valuing Dalot at 10 million because a relegated Hull sold Robertson to the RS for 8 million three years ago?

Makes sense. I mean what else could they possibly be basing their valuation on other that Robertson's sale to the RS?

Best get in there quick before nobody else buys him.

He's had a strange last few years but it wouldn't be the worst move.
The past 2 seasons he has been brilliant, he is 33, experience of working with Carlo, would 100% start and would be cheap enough

Would give Pickford a reason to put some effort in and maybe make him better and teach him a thing or 2

Has recently fell out with Torino owners because they are very loud, they want rid

Diogo Dalot RB United, linked.

Havent seen a lot, but the boy can attack.

No idea if he can defend.
Low fee low wage, will probably make more money from Kenny. Not a bad deal in my eyes
Actually not that bad. But we could probably do better.
We probably need a full back too. At least 1.
Sign him up. Exactly the type of low-risk gamble we should be taking, and none of the previous horror show signings on high fees and high wages such as Iwobi, Pickford, Schneiderlin, Keane, Tosun and Bolasie.
No idea if the Dalot links are true but if the likes of Ancelotti and Mourinho rate him, he must have something.
I'd take Dalot
Dalot is fine for the price quoted.
Dalot can at least cross a ball and presumably use his left foot which automatically means he can do two things Coleman can’t.
Everytime I’ve seen Dalot I’ve thought there’s someting there but needs some proper coaching.

Plus he’s not Jesse Lingard
Dalot can cover left back too right?
I think Dalot looks alright, he's young and not too expensive for a position we desperately need a player. It's probably jarg but I kind of hope this one's true.
He can, two birds one stone for £10 Million.

He’s got talent just needs coaching correctly.
When in doubt, buy a manc reject.
10m for Dalot sounds a good price to be fair

I really like him. Also think he'd be excellent as a right winger which is another problem position for us.

LB / RB / LM / RW he can play any of those positions and we lack players who can act as cover when needed.

Worst case hes a great cover option, i think he walks into our team.

£10mil is a no brainer.

Surely you can see how using the most improbable thing ever as proof isn't actually a good thing for the strength of your point.

Bloody hell mate I am not trying to win an award here! You asked me for an example and I gave you one. Why ask me if you are just going to dismiss it?

You were also given examples by other people. It's plainly obvious that there is some merit in bringing in a veteran player as and when needed. Completely closing off any possibility of signing a good player due to his age is not sensible.

Again, nobody is advocating going out and buying a bunch of 30 year olds, but the right player in the right situation is not a bad thing. You can have a team with a strong focus on young players and still have a player or two who is an older head.

You think that Manchester United are currently valuing Dalot at 10 million because a relegated Hull sold Robertson to the RS for 8 million three years ago?

Makes sense. I mean what else could they possibly be basing their valuation on other that Robertson's sale to the RS?

Best get in there quick before nobody else buys him.
Yep, I think that is exactly how they are valuing him. Or maybe I was just giving one example where a player transfers for a fee which could be considered a bargain

Status
Not open for further replies.