Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The past 2 seasons he has been brilliant, he is 33, experience of working with Carlo, would 100% start and would be cheap enough

Would give Pickford a reason to put some effort in and maybe make him better and teach him a thing or 2

Has recently fell out with Torino owners because they are very loud, they want rid
I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Think Carlo rates him too.

It's always the way though. Deals need to happen to free up money and squad spaces that allow other deals to happen. Plus, there are so many moving parts in a football transfer that they inevitably take time.

The Athletic had a good interview with Martinez about last summer where he said it was frustrating to have to wait to commit to signings until wage budget had been freed up by moving on others. You can put all the preliminaries in place, you can agree terms and fees but if you're going to break the budget or kill your FFP calculation, you can't pull the trigger until you have somebody out the door. This is why the likes of Sandro and Bolasie must turn Brands' hair grey.

Not Martinez, Silva. I'm confusing my crap Iberian Everton managers.

Interms of Willian, don’t get me wrong I would not pay a fee for him he’s 32 this week, but on a free transfer I would absolutely take him, 100k a week? Isn’t Sigurdsson on that.

Not that it matters because he’s arsenal bound
Hes getting 10m signing bonus from Arsenal on top of massive wages so not as cheap as just a free. We would need Bernard and Siggy off the wage bill cover. Going to Arsenal as you said

Status
Not open for further replies.